*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890122-Georgie-and-Facebook-prompts
by River
Rated: ASR · Book · Comedy · #2090787
Getting to know me.
#890122 added August 16, 2016 at 6:06pm
Restrictions: None
Georgie and Facebook prompts
BCOF Insignia
DAY 1371 August 16, 2016
Prompt:
After a long, hard day of work, you return home—the only problem is, your front door is wide open, all your lights are on and there's a sword stuck in the ceiling. The rest of your house looks normal, but you also notice several holes dug in your backyard. What's going on?

Exhausted, I pulled into the driveway and to my shock the front door was standing open! I locked the door this morning, didn't I? Looking for something I could use as a weapon, I cautiously approached the door. I pulled a sword out of the ceiling wondering how it had got there. All the lights were on in the house and I nervously looked around but everything looked normal.
Then I heard a scraping noise coming from the back of the house. wielding the sword in front of me I moved slowly toward the kitchen and peeked out the back window. To my astonishment, a shovel was laying on the ground and somebody was peering into one of the deep holes that he'd dug.
I sighed deeply as I recognized George our eccentric neighbour, (he's convinced he's reincarnated and fought in the Battle of Gettysburg in 1863) was digging tunnels again.
He'd found the spare key under the fake stone in the flowerbed and waged an imaginary war in my living room no doubt turning on all the lights to search for the enemy.
I propped the sword up beside the fridge out of harm's way and went out the back door. “Hi George, nice tunnels you got there,” I said.
He looked at me with vacant eyes and mumbled, “Bad tunnels, gotta dig my way home.”
I took his arm and said, “Come on Georgie, I'll take you home.”

Facebook
*Facebook*
Usually, I go on in the morning and play Criminal Case. That game gets my brain working in the morning along with a steaming cup of coffee. Each case has a series of puzzles and clues to solve in nine crime scenes before arresting the killer and finally closing the case.
The murder weapons are interesting and sometimes ridiculous, but I sometimes file them in a document in case I get really desperate for a plot or murder weapon. Okay, I probably will never use one, but you never know what will inspire you even if it's an FB game!
One day I was reading a thread on FB and the conversation going on in there found its way into a short story for my Writer's Group that day.

I've run out of time! I hope to do better tomorrow.
River *Heart*

© Copyright 2016 River (UN: riverbedwriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
River has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890122-Georgie-and-Facebook-prompts