*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890184-Betrayal-and-A-New-Direction
by River
Rated: ASR · Book · Comedy · #2090787
Getting to know me.
#890184 added August 17, 2016 at 4:20pm
Restrictions: None
Betrayal and A New Direction
BCOF Insignia
Day 1372: August 17, 2016
Prompt: Write about a time you felt betrayed.

Betrayal.
This is a difficult prompt for me I've felt betrayed many times over the years and some of these betrayals are too devastating to write about.

Several years ago I moved into a co-op apartment complex. I had to give S50.00 to join the co-op and by doing so the rent was reduced to about half of what non-members paid. It was a big beautiful apartment and I was happy there. Part of the deal was we took turns cleaning the hallways, mowing grass, and snow removal. This eliminated the need for a janitor. If you were unable to do the work you simply hired someone to do it.We also had to attend monthly meetings in the boardroom.

I became friends with a woman upstairs and we had coffee together, during one of these get-togethers I confided to her that I was seeing a psychologist because of a meltdown I had before moving there. His name was Hector and he helped me get back to 'normal.' Nobody else at the co-op knew about my sessions.

By the way, that meltdown was caused by the betrayal of the person I loved and trusted most in the world.

Anyway, we were at a meeting one evening and dogs were on the agenda. Some tenants were allowing their dogs out without a leash. I had a Toy Poodle and I'd take her out to sit in the swing with me. She was paper trained so she didn't do her business outside. She was content to sit on my lap and visit with the other little dogs.

The meeting got heated when we were told all dogs had to go. That pissed me off of course and I declare I wasn't having a healthy animal put down because two other tenants weren't following the rules. At that point, all hell broke loose. I was accused of instigating a riot. My friend got up and started stamping out the door, then she turned back and looked at me and shouted, “You know what? I'm not leaving just because you're crazy You should go back and see Hector.” All eyes turned toward me, shocked, but wanting to know what my reaction would be. I sat still for a minute then got up and as calmly as possible left.

Once I got back to my apartment I began packing boxes and moved out as quickly as possible. My little dog was more important to me than a nice apartment and a fake friend.

A New Direction.

I made a list of things I tend to procrastinate on the worst. Oh, there are so many things on that list! I'm seriously trying to get off my butt and just do something. Some things are major and others are so easy it's ridiculous not doing them.

I started this Blog so I would write something every day. Some days I miss because I just don't have the energy.(Or that's what I tell myself.) In the beginning, I was discouraged because nobody was reading or commenting. I thought about just giving up. Then I realized that wasn't why I was doing this. My goal was to write every day not to attract followers. So, I'm doing my best to achieve the goal of writing every day.

The Fair is coming up quickly so I got out my crochet projects and craft supplies and I vow to work on them every day so my entries will be ready on time.
I'm doing well on those two areas and trying to get the other silly things done too. I think the best plan is to force myself to do whatever needs doing before picking up a book or having a nice nap. I hardly ever miss a nap. *Rolling*

Now I have to work on the stuff that nobody knows about except me. I'm sure I'll feel better about myself when I can say. “One more thing to scratch off the list!”

Maybe I'll start following Fly Lady again! That's a great website that helps you get things done and get organized. Just type Fly Lady into your search engine and check it out.

K, Gotta Go!


River *Heart*







© Copyright 2016 River (UN: riverbedwriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
River has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890184-Betrayal-and-A-New-Direction