*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890298-Dresden-cows-and-automobiles
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#890298 added August 19, 2016 at 3:22am
Restrictions: None
Dresden, cows and automobiles
NINETEENTH day of backpacking across Europe with "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS [13+]

Dresden, a ten-hour tour and free time before dinner at 7.30. That’s again a full day of sightseeing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZF3kCjul84 It’s such an elegant Baroque city, very impressive.

I concentrate on churches for the day. There are three: The Hofkirche was the church of the royal household. It has a beautiful high altar from the nave, a crypt, altar painting and a Silbermann organ. The Frauenkirche was built by the citizens of Dresden between 1726 and 1743. Built in the 18th century, the church was destroyed in the bombing of Dresden during World War II, rebuilt in 1994 and restored in 2004. Since re-opening, the Church of Our Lady has been a tourist destination in Dresden. In the first three years, seven million people have visited the church as tourists and to attend worship services .The Kreuzkirche is another main church of the Protestants and is the oldest established church building of Dresden .

The history of the church: During the 11th through 14th centuries, a wave of building of cathedrals and smaller parish churches occurred across Western Europe. In addition to being a place of worship, the cathedral or parish church was used by the community in other ways. It could serve as a meeting place for guilds or a hall for banquets. Mystery plays were sometimes performed in cathedrals, and cathedrals might also be used for fairs. The church could be used as a place to thresh and store grain.

I like to wonder off inside churches, feel their coolness and peacefulness and sit for a while to think things over. It has been a good first half of the trip to Europe and I need some alone time. *Smile*

You fall in love with a sorcerer who changes you into anything he/she wants, until you...(BcoFs)

You fall in love with a sorcerer who changes you into anything he wants, until you fall out of love again. This is not easy since there is this spell on me. I turned into a cow.



I love cows, they are such sweet animals. Every spring when they go into the meadows for the first time, they make all kinds of jumps and movements like in a dance. They produce milk and meat and are an asset to the Dutch country site.

You take a wrong turn when driving through a foreign country. What happens next?(BC)

That’s the beauty of being in a car, you are safe! I never worry inside my car. If I take a wrong turn, I can always go back to a familiar spot and try again or look at the road map some more before going on. In any case, I am in a safe environment. I like that about driving a car, I really miss driving at the moment.



Day TWENTY SEVEN "Give It 100!

© Copyright 2016 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890298-Dresden-cows-and-automobiles