*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890325-Funny-Fiction-Friday-A-Poem-and-A-Story
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#890325 added August 19, 2016 at 1:41pm
Restrictions: None
Funny Fiction Friday: A Poem and A Story
Friday, August 19, 2016

 Fractured Nursery Rhymes  (13+)
Complete the previous fractured nursery rhyme line with line that rhymes.
#2068539 by Prosperous Snow celebrating

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for Day 894
You take a wrong turn when driving through a foreign country. What happens next?

I turned down a quaint country road,
beside the road I saw a very large toad,
he jump through the window onto the passenger seat,
he buckled the seat belt and began to suck on his feet.

I said to him, "That's a very gross habit."
He replied, "My name is Joe Kabat,
It's the fault of a sorcerer's spell gone wrong,
He was supposed to change me into a scuppernong1."

I ask, "How do you get back to your human form?"
"The same way all toads and frogs untransform.
He winked at me and pointed to his mouth,
I stopped the car and pointed to the south.

"I my life I've kissed too many toads and frogs,
"I'd rather kiss my neighbors pit bull dogs,
"So get out of this car and catch another ride,
"I'm sure somewhere you will find your toad bride."

The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt DAY 1373
You fall in love with a sorcerer who changes you into anything he/she wants, until you...

I have to admit that this is my own fault. I should have listened to my gut when the Sorcerer to the President of the United States ask me to be his date to the Presidential Inauguration Ball. As I looked into the sorcerer's eyes my legs felt weak and my blood pressure rose. I knew that I was in love with him, despite the fact that my intuition shouted run. He ask me if I would mind if I let him turn me into his favorite classic movie star. Of course I said, "Go right ahead." I went to the ball as Marilyn Monroe.


After the ball we went to his apartment. He ask, "Are you a good creative cook?"

"Yes," I winked, "where is the kitchen?"

In his kitchen I was in chef heaven. He had spices I'd never heard or seen before. There was one spice shaker that read, or I thought it read, Dried Ground Hogs Feet. I made a tomato cheese soup using the new spice as the ingredient. I served the soup and it turned both of us into frogs. I hopped into the kitchen to check the spice again. On the shaker in big red letters were Dried Frogs Feet with the warning: "Do Not Add To Tomato Cheese Soup".

Footnotes
1  an amber-green muscadine grape


© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890325-Funny-Fiction-Friday-A-Poem-and-A-Story