*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890246-Thankful-Thursday-Hidden-Secrets-and-Being-Late
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#890246 added August 18, 2016 at 2:32pm
Restrictions: None
Thankful Thursday: Hidden Secrets and Being Late
Thursday, August 18, 2016

BOOK
Welcome to My Life  (18+)
I have posted my response to MHWA Mental Health Challenge and other items to this journal.
#1954602 by Prosperous Snow celebrating

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for Day 893
Watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Roald Dahl Do you agree with this statement?

I agree that "the greatest secrets" may be hidden in unlikely places, but the could also be hidden in obvious places. Take the example of The Purloined Letter by Edgar Allen Poe. In that story the letter, which the police were looking for, was hidden on a shelf among other letters and postcards. The police couldn't find it because they looked everyplace except the obvious places because they were thinking like policemen and looking where they would hide a letter. However, Auguste Dupin, the private detective in the story, didn't think like a policeman, but rather, the highly intelligent, person who stole the letter.


We, as authors, have to keep our eyes open and look everywhere for the secrets hidden. If we don't we will never find what we are looking for. Take the story of Majnún and Laylí, as related by Baha'u'llah in The Seven Valleys and the Four Valleys. Majnún looked everywhere for Laylí, he even sifted through the dust in order to find her.1 While looking for his true love in the dust may have seemed inappropriate, it shows the fervor of his love because he was willing to look everywhere for her. We need to take that approach when it comes to looking for hidden secrets.

The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for Day 1372 1373
What is your opinion on the old saying "It's better late then never."

Considering that (1) I don't know who was supposed to send the prompt for today, (2) I woke up later then usual, and (3) I didn't log into writing.com until about 9:30 or 10:00 AM I suspect putting the wrong day on the prompt is the least of the issues I may face today. I can't use the excuse about not having coffee before I logged in or sent the prompt because I had one writing.com Write On! mug of coffee before I even started responding to any of the prompts today. I hope pray the rest of the week and the weekend go a little better or at least I wake up a little earlier. I have too much to do to sleep past 6:30 AM. I'd make another carafe of coffee, but I don't think that's going to do more then cause me to stop every five or so minutes to take a necessary walk to the bathroom. Getting old is not for wimps, but it does increase the amount of exercise one gets from coffee drinking.


Alright, now that I've probably revealed too many intimate details about my life and body, I'll respond to the prompt. The idea for the prompt just popped into my head, so that's the first thing I wrote down. I wrote and sent it off because I didn't have time to search for another. Not that I mind searching the internet for information. I use Bing as my search engine, which means I earn one point for every two searches up to a maximum of fifteen points a day.

"It's better late then never!" This isn't a saying I like nor is it one that I hate because hate is too strong a word for a five letter sentence. I dislike the saying because it gives me an excuse and I don't like excuses when I'm running late. I don't need excuses like that because they encourage procrastination and I don't need encouragement to procrastinate. What I need is encouragement to accomplish the writing goals I've set for myself. It could be that I think I can accomplish more in a day then I can. My grandfather always said my mouth was bigger then my stomach and it might have been right when it comes to what I want to do in a day and what I can do.

Footnotes
1  The Valley of Search


© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890246-Thankful-Thursday-Hidden-Secrets-and-Being-Late