*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890486-The-Third-Sunday-in-August-2016
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#890486 added August 21, 2016 at 1:43pm
Restrictions: None
The Third Sunday in August 2016
Jamál (Beauty), 3 Asmá’(Names), 173 BE - Sunday, August 21, 2016 AD

Sunday morning in Las Vegas. The sky is overcast and the temperature is around 92 degrees. Today the temperature is supposed to get up to 101 degrees. I've had breakfast, I'm on my second writing.com mug of coffee, and I'm planning of drinking an orange flavored Powerade. I'm not sure if the Powerade is on my diet or not. I check the ingredients and the potassium count in on the low side. I glanced at and then ignored the other ingredients. I'm a bit down this morning, but I don't know what is causing it. I'm going to push through the rest of the day and cut my liquid intake to just water to see if my mood improves. The problem could be the cloudy sky.


Legal Question

The question to be considered en banc is this:
Is the soul per se
responsible
for the body's actions?

de novo

Is the body's actus reus
the results
of a mens reus
that is ultra vires
for the soul?

voir dire

Consider carefully the prima facie evidence!
The body is the container
the soul the contents.

This being the case,
is a violent act against the body
an act that is in personam,
in rem,
or quasi in rem?

stare decisis

Note about this poem: I wrote this poem in the last century when I was attending the Community College of Southern Nevada. I don't remember the name of the class, but I do remember it was a sociology class taught by a criminal lawyer. The terms in italics are legal terms and I think the language is Latin. I think the poem is finished to a point. I'm not sure I like the look of it on the page. I'll have to think about that a little longer. I also have to look up the meanings of the Latin phrases so that I can note them at the bottom of the poem.



© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890486-The-Third-Sunday-in-August-2016