*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890590-Motivational-Monday-Science-Fiction-and-Angels
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#890590 added August 22, 2016 at 6:08pm
Restrictions: None
Motivational Monday: Science Fiction and Angels
Monday, August 22, 2016

Why is it that, most of the time, I'm more motivated in the morning then the afternoon? Monday through Friday I'm motivated to get things accomplished of a morning. On the weekends I'm less motivated in the morning which is a problem because in the afternoons, I'm still not very motivated to accomplish anything. If I push myself then I get something accomplished, but I have to push myself. Sometimes refocusing helps and sometimes just chilling out while playing a game of gaps solitaire or mahjong is enough to get me refocused. Today, I'm not refocusing with games. This afternoon I've decided to us prayer and meditation to help me refocus.


The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for Day 897
Do you find science fiction stories to be thought experiments since they seem to ask questions on the probabilities and complications about the ethics of any science or philosophy?

I've never considered science fiction from this perspective. I read it because I enjoy it. I write it because I enjoy making up stories and figuring out different way that humanity could screw up its future. I guess maybe science fiction is a thought experiment or it could just be a way for story tellers to give their version of the future. We can't see into the future, at least not clearly enough to know what's going to happen in five months, five years, or five hundred thousand years. Sometimes in meditation an individual might get a glimpse of something that might happen in the future, but we can't tell for sure if that thing will happen. For all we know knowing that something may occur in five, ten, or one hundred years may encourage that thing to happen. Each individual reader and writer has his or her own perspective of what science fiction is or isn't. Each individual must find his or her own meaning in the stories they read or write.


The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for Day 1377
August 22 is Be An Angel Day. This day encourages acts of kindness and helping others. In celebration of Be An Angle Day write a story, poem, or article about someone being an angel by doing a random act of kindness or helping someone.

My life is full of angels
see and unseen
sometimes the appear before me without wings
sometimes is see their winged presence in the gathering clouds.

Angels are every where. We just have to open our eyes, ears, and minds so that we can see, hear, and experience their blessings. An angel can be another human being who helps without wanting anything in return. An angel can be a parent or grandparent. An angel can were a uniform or be dressed in normal street clothes. An angel can appear as a homeless person or person in need of assistance. An angel can be anywhere or any when.


Open your eyes and look for the invisible wings.
Open your ears and listen for the bell announcing the joy
of an angel receiving his or her wings and halo.



© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890590-Motivational-Monday-Science-Fiction-and-Angels