*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890548-Amsterdam-Pooh-Bear-and-Sfi
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#890548 added August 22, 2016 at 2:37am
Restrictions: None
Amsterdam, Pooh Bear and Sfi
TWENTY SECOND day of backpacking across Europe with "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS [13+]

Hotel Sebastians Set in Amsterdam: http://www.hotelsebastians.nl/en/photos/ . Another excellent choice of Lyn's a Witchy Woman . Since I am only a 40 minutes train ride from my home town, I am going to enjoy this stay. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G-lqrzTv-U.



I go to the Van Gogh museum for a quick art fix and the Eye Museum after wards to watch a movie.

This summer EYE Film museum presents a retrospective of the work of the most successful director of all time, Steven Spielberg. The program includes twenty image-defining films made by Spielberg in the course of his momentous career, from the early thriller Duel (1971) to the dramatized portrait of President Lincoln (2012), and his new film The BFG. It also features a selection of twelve films reflecting Spielberg’s influence as a producer.

Since I am a movie buff I watch The BFG at 13:30 hours. Critics Consensus: The BFG minimizes the darker elements of Roald Dahl's classic in favor of a resolutely good-natured, visually stunning, and largely successful family-friendly adventure. I am going to enjoy this *BigSmile*

Then I go join SB Musing and the group, since Kit knows Amsterdam too. We're doing an evening canal tour and are going clubbing. A late nighter again.

August 22 is Be An Angel Day. This day encourages acts of kindness and helping others. In celebration of Be An Angle Day write a story, poem, or article about someone being an angel by doing a random act of kindness or helping someone.(BCoFs)



Because I am one of the Newbies Academy Members Show Case for the month of August, these ladies were among many pampering me with reviews and kindness. Marci chose to be my mentor and graced me with an example of her work as a web artist: she created a new signature that will be the face of my port for a long time to come. Brandi send me a c-note with Winnie-the- Pooh and a lovely thought .

I love the Pooh Bear. The drawings are so simple and beautiful, it’s a delight to watch.

They both gave meaning to the quote: “You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.” ― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh.

It’s been a lovely month so far. And it isn’t over yet! *BigSmile*

Prompt: Do you find science fiction stories to be thought experiments since they seem to ask questions on the probabilities and complications about the ethics of any science or philosophy?{BC)

Not every Sfi stories has this profound motto hidden somewhere, but there are some that ask questions on the probabilities and complications about the ethics of any science or philosophy. I mention literature like Brave New World and Clockwork Orange and movies like Star Trek. They are very thought provoking and I love them for it.



Day THIRTY "Give It 100!

© Copyright 2016 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890548-Amsterdam-Pooh-Bear-and-Sfi