*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890617-Today-in-Paris
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#890617 added August 23, 2016 at 4:26am
Restrictions: None
Today in Paris
Day TWENTY THREE of backpacking across Europe with "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS [13+]

I still mourn for Paris in memory of the attacks. Only one third of the hotels is booked, but as an expert explained: Paris is as safe as past 911 in New York and I believe him. Still there is this feeling of apprehension I can’t get rid of.



The streets are always emptier in Paris in August. It’s when Parisians clear out of the city for their long French vacations. But this year, certain neighborhoods popular with tourists are even emptier than usual.

“You almost feel like you’re in an episode of 'Walking Dead,'” said Emanuel Afonso, who sells hats, scarves and other accessories at a shop near Notre Dame.

While much of that is the normal eeriness of Paris in August, it’s widely believed that the series of terror attacks around France and neighboring European countries has scared away visitors. Even with the Euro 2016 soccer tournament that brought a lot of out-of-towners in July, Afonso estimates business at the hat shop has fallen 20 to 30 percent for the year.

Across the street from Notre Dame, four soldiers in camouflage walk past several parked police cars. They’re just a fraction of the security forces patrolling sensitive public spaces.

“I would say ‘bravo tourists.’ In a way you’re showing that we need to continue to live. And that’s a good lesson.” (The Internet)

So off to the Louvre. I have been to Paris several times in the past but never entered the Louvre because it was always too crowded. Now I am feeling lucky to finally visit. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmKeRxv-xwM
It’s marvelous, especially all the sculptures. I loved those. And I did see the Mona Lisa from a distance. She actually smiled. *BigSmile*.

In the evening, we have the Moulin Rouge experience: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lzY7ukFG4Q Big shows, lots of people and champagne. You have to go through it once in a lifetime I guess.

I join the others for a drink back at the hotel. What are they up to now?!

Prompt: Do you think being grateful for what we have and accepting things as they are can be in conflict with our ambition and our working toward making things better?(BC)

Accepting the here and now and being grateful for what you have does not imply you have to accept the future. But it forces you to distinguish between a) what is the reality now, b) what are your plans for the future and c) what you can actually do in the next moment to progress towards your goals.



I try to live as much in the moment as I can. The past has had its difficulties and still have repercussions for me in the present. But I try to be grateful for the blessings I receive.

“What day is it?"
It's today," squeaked Piglet.
My favorite day," said Pooh.”
― A.A. Milne


Prompt: Use the following words in a story or poem: doll, acquit, quirky, eagle, repel, massive, ice cream, arrange.

I just did *BigSmile*



I arrange for this quirky story to unfold. While eating a massive ice cream today I fetch my doll and walk towards the eagle. I acquit the bird for all future wrongdoing and repel this piece of writing. Don’t have much inspiration as you can read.

Day THIRTY ONE "Give It 100!

© Copyright 2016 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890617-Today-in-Paris