*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890806-Paris---Day-3---Day-25-Virtual-Europe
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#890806 added August 25, 2016 at 8:04pm
Restrictions: None
Paris - Day 3 - Day 25 Virtual Europe
30 Day Blogging Challenge

30-Day Blogging Challenge August 2016.

Aug 25th Paris
I slept well last night. I ambled down early to find out Lyn's a sly fox had made plans for us to go to another castle. We must be at the airport for our 35 minute helicopter ride to the Chateau de Vaux-le-Vicomte at 10 am. This was a four hour trip and at 2:30 pm we returned to our hotel by limousine. I was not sure about another ornate castle tour, but the views from the helicopter were amazing and well worth the trip.

This place is another of France's top attractions. We got to fly over Paris and take in the views of the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame Cathedral. When we arrived we got to enjoy a Champagne reception that include flukes of Champagne and lovely wee macarons - which are comprised of two flavored meringue biscuits with a ganache, buttercream or jam filling — is one of the most popular pastries in France - not to be mistaken for Macaroons which are chocolate and coconut - which I personally like much better. There were still very good.
Then we got our headsets for the audio tour and we were off to explore the 360° view around the estate from the dome which is 25 meters high, then explored the grand suites, hallways and gardens at our leisure. We even got to use a golf cart to view the gardens.
The helicopter ride was the best part of this trip. We got to see all of Paris the Eiffel Tower, Note Dame, Palace of Versailles. I will have to say I have had my fill of castles... I am quite ready to just walk and explore Paris - amble where Hemingway ambled. Sit in cafés and just write. I know that may sound boring but I am ready for it.

https://www.viator.com/tours/Paris/Helicopter-Tour-to-Chateau-de-Vaux-le-Vicomte...

I grabbed a quick bite, if that's possible in Paris and headed off for a 2 hour tour of the Paris Catacombs. I learned why the bones of more than six million people were deposited under the city in a complex maze of tunnels that you definitely need a guide to navigate. It was truly interesting to venture down into the depths of the city.

Read more about Skip The Line Paris Catacombs Tour - Paris | Viator at: https://www.viator.com/tours/Paris/Skip-The-Line-Paris-Catacombs-Tour/d479-6159C...

When I emerged I decided to check out a lovely café before rejoining my group at 9 pm for the Scary part of Paris tour.
At nine o'clock we all ventured into the dark side of Paris. We got to spend 2 hours visiting the city's more sinister spots. We got to delve into the eerie mysteries of the City of Light,. We strolled the serpentine streets in search of spectres and spooks. We strayed from the beaten path with our guide - a masterful story teller. We discovered many unfamiliar facts about the captivating capital as you venture to sites of reputed haunting. We gained insights into the horrible history of the city when we visited mystery-shrouded sites like the Place de la Vert Gallant and the Palais du Justice. We got to see the Hotel de Concierge, where Marie Antoinette was once imprisoned And we got to see the old Place du Greve, where many were tortured and killed. We also saw the Place de la Vert Gallant St Germain de Auxerrois La Fontaine de la Croix du Trahoir Rue de la Ferronnerie Square of the Innocents The Rat Trap Shop (as seen in the movie Ratatouille)Tour St JacquesLa Fontaine du PalmierThe River SeineThe ConciergerieIle de la CitéPalais du JusticeHotel DieuHotel de Ville.

Read more about Ghosts, Mysteries and Legends Night Walking Tour of Paris - Paris | Viator at: https://www.viator.com/tours/Paris/Ghosts-Mysteries-and-Legends-Night-Walking-To...

Overall, I would say today was a day of gathering good story material. I will pack it away for future tales - both opulent and terrifying!

© Copyright 2016 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890806-Paris---Day-3---Day-25-Virtual-Europe