*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890828-Running-Late-The-Cover-Image-and-Other-Goodies
by River
Rated: ASR · Book · Comedy · #2090787
Getting to know me.
#890828 added August 26, 2016 at 9:26am
Restrictions: None
Running Late, The Cover Image, and Other Goodies
BCOF Insignia

Thank you to Whata SpoonStealer for the beautiful purple awardicon that graces the cover of this blog.

Day 1381 August 26, 2016
Prompt:
She was late, again. She was always late. As the door opened, I had to wonder what type of excuse Lacie would come in with this time...tell us all about it .


Every Sunday without fail Charlotte would be late for church. The problem was we couldn't start without her because she was involved in the service. We fidgeted while the organist played yet another piece wondering what her excuse would be this time.

Finally, she'd come running down the hill damp hair flying in the breeze and arrive with a red face trying to come up with 'the excuse'. We'd just chuckle because we were used to her ways. I think her problem was time management.


Cover Image
I finally found the perfect image for my blog cover and successfully uploaded it! I wanted a river calmly flowing along to represent my blog. I like to think of my life flowing like a river. Sometimes the storms of life cause strong currents in my river, but I strive for calmness.
I slept poorly last night and finally got up at 3:15 am. I was just laying there getting more and more frustrated so I made the mandatory coffee, did two Newbie reviews grabbed a succulent peach and a banana for breakfast, and decided to start my blog.
There's not much on my agenda today so my plan is to finish up some of those fair entries. My eyes just slid over to the fair book and I noticed the dates on the cover. *Shock2* The fair runs from September 8th to the 11th That means all my entries have to be completed, little bags of samples of material used pinned on, and delivered to the fairgrounds on the 8th. The entries will be judged on the morning of the 9th. Panic Time!

Now, I'm thinking about another coffee fix. *Crazy*

It's a running joke between my daughter and my best friend that every year I say, “I'm going to start working on next year's entries right after the fair. Of course, this never happens. They collapse in fits of giggles every time I utter the words. They wait with bated breath for me to make the announcement but this year's announcement stunned them. I said, “if I don't have at least three things completed by June I”m not going to bother entering next year.”

Health Update.
I'm doing much better. The medication is keeping the pain at a reasonable level and I'm able to walk more. Somebody is supposed to come help with leg exercises with weights. *Shock2*

Here is an interesting tid bit. I received a notice from Writing.Com telling me that my handle had been wiped clean. Your handle must be rated E. I had the name of my painkillers in my handle they are a narcotic and therefore not suitable for an E rating and I agree. Just something to think about when changing handles. {e:Wink

I can't believe it's already 9:00 and I haven't got anything done. My eyes are drooping. I may have to take a nap. {e:Sleeping}


Keep Smiling,
River *Heart*


© Copyright 2016 River (UN: riverbedwriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
River has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890828-Running-Late-The-Cover-Image-and-Other-Goodies