*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890912-The-Hobbit-Saturday-and-a-Sir-Trevor-Rant
by River
Rated: ASR · Book · Comedy · #2090787
Getting to know me.
#890912 added August 27, 2016 at 9:04am
Restrictions: None
The Hobbit, Saturday, and a Sir Trevor Rant.
BCOF Insignia

Thank you to Whata SpoonStealer for the beautiful purple awardicon that graces the cover of this blog.

Day 1382 September 27, 2016
Prompt:
What is your favorite fantasy and why? What about it makes it so magical to you?


When I was a child my mum had a teapot that looked a lot like a hobbit house. I loved playing with that teapot and wishing I could open the little door. I loved all things magical and I watched Disney Land every Sunday night. The Seven Dwarves were among my favourite characters.

I think this is why I was so drawn to The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien. Someone gave my grandson a copy and I picked it up and began to read. I was fascinated with Bilbo Baggins, the 13 dwarves, and of course Gandalf, the Wizard.

Saturday

It's a beautiful morning and I'm enjoying that first cup of coffee. Sir Trevor is not a happy feline. He has put on weight again and I've taken away his dry food. Dry cat food is mainly carbs. He is still getting two small cans of cat food per day.

This morning he woke me up yowling pitifully. It was much too early to get up but he made it clear I wasn't getting any more sleep!


*Paw*
Good morning from Sir Trevor I am River’s feline companion and even though she is human I feel we are equals, but this is unfair. River has put me on a diet again. I don’t know what the problem is I only weigh eighteen pounds. River says that's worse than the last time. I'm highly insulted.

I finished my bowl of food last night and it's still empty! I love to eat and I like to have my food bowl full at all times,but there it is completely empty. I was so hungry this morning my belly ached but River was sleeping soundly. Well, I'll fix that I thought. I got a good running start and leaped. I landed right in the middle of River's stomach she was not very pleased with me and turned over to go back to sleep.

What is this? No more sleep River, my bowl is empty. Empty, do you hear me? It's EMPTY.

“ Stop that caterwauling, I'm trying to sleep. What is WRONG with you?” River demanded.

What is wrong with this woman? Can she not see I'm starving? My bowl is empty, I am weak from hunger, I need food. I continue berating her. This is animal abuse!

River throws back the blankets and sits on the side of the bed staring at me. Finally, she gets up and goes to the kitchen, I follow weaving back and forth in front of her legs.

“Trevor, I need my coffee.” River is a coffee addict maybe I should leave her alone before she freaks out. I plop down in my feline bed to wait for my breakfast.

I cannot believe this is happening, she's sitting at the computer with her coffee. I have waited so patiently I flatten my ears back and flick my tail showing my displeasure with this behavior. Yo, River... my food?

“Let me finish my coffee in peace and I'll give you your breakfast.”

Coffee, coffee, coffee, it's all about coffee. What about the poor little feline laying undernourished in his bed? Huh? What about me, River?

At last, River gets up and puts my morning ration in my bowl. I slowly heave myself up on my feline castle and hunker down to eat then I lounge in the sunny spot in front of the patio door to digest. Wait, is that a mouse? *Mouse*


I'm feeling lazy this morning. I think I'll take a hot shower and pamper myself for the rest of the day.

What do you do to pamper yourself?

Keep Smiling,
River

© Copyright 2016 River (UN: riverbedwriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
River has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890912-The-Hobbit-Saturday-and-a-Sir-Trevor-Rant