*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891145-Writing-Writing-and-More-Writing
by River
Rated: ASR · Book · Comedy · #2090787
Getting to know me.
#891145 added August 30, 2016 at 4:06pm
Restrictions: None
Writing, Writing, and More Writing.
BCOF Insignia

Thank you to Whata SpoonStealer for the beautiful purple awardicon that graces the cover of this blog.

Day 1385: August 30, 2013
Prompt: “I started writing, just casually writing, the ironies in my life—the strange accidents that turned the corner of where my life was going to.” Gene Wilder
Write about what you think of this quote or write a tribute to Gene Wilder.


I could have written that quote and probably a lot of members can relate to it. I started a diary when I was about 13 and wrote all thoughts in it daily. I liked English Comp. In high school and later I wrote children's stories for my daughter. It all started out as casual writing.

Another week is flying by and Thursday is the first day of September. Kids back to school and all the Fall activities are starting up. I'm looking forward to Writer's Group! Sometimes you just need to be with other writers because only they know what drive you.

Some of my weekly writings are Sir Trevor stories that make them laugh but my other favourite genre is gruesome murders, gory crime scenes, and serial killers lurking about. *Shock2* They never know from week to week if I'll make tears run down their faces or scare the crap out of them. Listening to their work is fascinating and I love discussing the stories afterwards. One woman is writing a novel so she reads us a chapter each week. I have turned one nice young woman who used to write nice little stories onto the path of gruesome and gory. *Devilish* *Rolling*

Today is The StoryMaster and The StoryMistress 16th account anniversary and the creation of WDC. I wonder what we'd all be doing without them? I have a feeling some of us wouldn't be writing. I've learned so much since joining this site and have made many friends, people I wouldn't have otherwise met.

Are any of you joining in on all the fun activities and contests that are part of the 16th anniversary? I joined "Wdc 16th Birthday Masquerade Party My character is Sookie Stackhouse so anything can happen! *Crazy*

I'm feeling better so I wan't to get involved in contests and activities again. This is the first time since I joined WDC that I didn't take part in The Challenge! I want to get back to that and other things I've let drop. First, I have to put on my Team Canada hoodie and write my short story for Write World. Lately, I've just kept up with Newbie reviews and the things I do at NAG.

With this new surge of energy, all I can say is “Watch out world here comes River!

PS Did I tell you I was voted BLOGGER OF THE WEEK for August 14, 2016 - August 20, 2016
BCOF? *Proud*

Keep Smiling,
River *Heart*

© Copyright 2016 River (UN: riverbedwriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
River has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891145-Writing-Writing-and-More-Writing