*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891283-Theme-trust-and-tabacco
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#891283 added September 1, 2016 at 7:58am
Restrictions: None
Theme, trust and tabacco
Prompt: How do you feel about themed blogging? Do you feel you learned a lot and would do it again? Those of you that haven't done it, what do you think, would you try it?(30-Day BC)

The only experience with themed blogging for a whole month for me was this last trip through Europe. That was great because we all had these different countries in Europe to blog about. It turned out a real nice travel blog. I surely would do that again on special occasions like a holiday period. For the rest, I like those separate daily prompts. It gives a lot of freedom to talk about anything that comes to mind. Those daily prompts work best for a free stream of consciousness.



Prompt: "Paper has more patience then people." Anne Frank. What are your thoughts on this? (BC)

On SATURDAY, JUNE 20, 1942 Anne Frank wrote in her diary: "’Paper is more patience than man.’ I thought of this saying on one of those days when I was feeling a little depressed and was sitting at home with my chin in my hands, bored and listless, wondering whether to stay in or go out. I finally stayed where I was, brooding. Yes, paper does have more patience, and since I'm not planning to let anyone else read this stiff-backed notebook grandly referred to as a "diary," unless I should ever find a real friend, it probably won't make a bit of difference.”



For Ann to confide in a diary was the most special since she didn’t have any friends she could talk to and trust. The people in her immediate surroundings where not that interested in the musings of a thirteen year old. They had other things on their mind like surviving war. So she turned her diary into a special friend she could tell everything to. Little did she know that after her death millions of people would read what she had to say about surviving the war in the Netherlands, up until the point where she got arrested with her family by the Nazis and deported to a concentration camp. For more background: read "Diaries

What is the rule you find the hardest to follow? I can be any type of rule. Tell me what it is and why. (BcoFs)

Since I am living on my own there are not many rules I live by other than the ‘normal’ rules of society. I am a reasonably obedient citizen so I would not know which rule is the hardest to follow but one. In today’s society it is barely accepted that people smoke. In fact, the rule of the era is that you don’t smoke. I have trouble with that. I smoke my whole life, and although it’s bad for my health and everything I keep on doing it. Smoking in public is harder to do these days. There are designated areas on railway stations and such and you can’t smoke in public buildings or restaurants and pubs any more. So I smoke outside in the open air or in my own home, preferably on the balcony.



Day FORTY "Give It 100!

© Copyright 2016 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891283-Theme-trust-and-tabacco