*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891356-The-number-Sixteen
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#891356 added September 3, 2016 at 2:36am
Restrictions: None
The number Sixteen
Balloons 2

Fun Fact Friday! As you're all obviously aware, yesterday WDC turned 16 (which is ancient in internet years!). Now's your chance to plug some of the birthday events you're hosting and/or taking part in.(30-Day BC)

"Wdc 16th Birthday Masquerade Party [13+]. It starts at September 4th. I play Miss Marple, the literary character of Agatha Christie. This year the setting is Coney Island Amusement Park, where Jenko and Schmidt (two undercover cops from the movie 21 Jump Street) are send to manage the grounds for five days.

There are five groups (Annie(Wilkes)'s Book Club, (Alex) Forrest's Anger and Rage Management Survivors, Society of Amateur and Professional Sleuths, Individuals Against Groups and Organizations, Learning to Love and Live with Your Powers Supernatural Support Group) and some individuals roaming the park. I already know someone will be murdered. How will it happen? Will it be scary? Who will the victim be? Will it be someone I know? Most importantly, will I be able to solve the mystery and take home the top prize? MBs and GPs will be given for various reasons. Be creative. There are already seven suspects, twenty three guests and two special guests. I am very much intrigued since it is my first Masquerade Party.

"Invalid Item . I try to enter each day for 16 days and submit poetry based on prompts. Prizes: GPs and MBs. Spot prizes will be given out randomly over the course of 16 days. All entrants of the day are placed in a draw by Virtual Dice to win raffle tickets, MBs, reviews, certificates, awardicons or something from the WdC’s shop. The more you enter daily the better your chances.


16 is the hot topic for WDC. Let's talk about your AHA moment when you were 16, 32, 48, or 64? Were there any parallels that come to mind? Inquiring minds want to know.(BCoFs)

At Sixteen: I ran away from home to live by myself. My moment of truth came when I had an ugly fight with my mom over a trivial thing. I decided to choose for myself and left.

At thirty two: My moment of truth came when I left my then boyfriend because he was fooling around with another girl. I decided to choose for myself and left the relationship.

At forty eight: My moment of truth came when I moved to another place. I was so excited to finally have a bigger place for myself. I had previously rented a small 2 bed room apartment and was not happy there. When I moved I was over the moon because it had 4 rooms.

The parallels are obvious. I encountered turning points in my life at that time. I made decisions and acted accordingly. It did so to improve my wellbeing and living arrangements at the time. *Smile*

16 is the hot topic for WDC. Let's talk about the number...where were you, 16 minutes, 16 hours ago, 16 days ago, 16 months ago, 16 years ago? Are there any similarities?(BC)

16 minutes ago I was walking my dog. 16 hours ago I was watching a soccer game while at the same time creating a poem about my dad for the Poetry slam.

16 days ago I was busy for hours on end per day at WdC writing, and reviewing.

16 months ago I was starting my holiday period of 2015 thinking I had time to write, but I suffered on and off from writer’s block from then on. That only went away when entering the WdC community.

16 years ago I was suffering from a nervous breakdown, having a dark period in my life due to exposure to violence at the working place.

I cannot see any similarities between the periods at this point.



Day FORTY ONE "Give It 100!

© Copyright 2016 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891356-The-number-Sixteen