*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891603-The-Sunday-News-A-tad-late
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#891603 added September 5, 2016 at 8:16pm
Restrictions: None
The Sunday News... A tad late
30 Day Blogging Challenge - September 4

The Sunday News!
This week, Hurricane Hermine hit parts of Florida before beginning to make its way up the east coast of the US. What's the worst inclement weather situation you can recall being a part of?


I have been blessed when it comes to inclement weather. Sure we have lots of snow in the winter, but we have also had ice storms and freezing rain that make life a skating rink and brings down tree limbs. I prefer the snow over the freezing rain.

We've had school closures when the weather gets below -40 degrees celsius.... and that often makes me laugh because it seems a little over the top. They did not close schools for that when I was a kid. They expected us to be smart enough to bundle up or suffer the consequences of frostbite. Nowadays I think government has gotten too involved in protecting children.... I think they are overprotected.... and the harm in that is that they can't think and reason for themselves... when the curriculum is demanding that we do that for their academics. They are book smart but not street smart. They need both.

© Copyright 2016 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891603-The-Sunday-News-A-tad-late