*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891651-Talk-Tuesday-Cargo-Shorts-and-Ugly-Knees
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#891651 added September 6, 2016 at 2:17pm
Restrictions: None
Talk Tuesday: Cargo Shorts and Ugly Knees
Tuesday, September 6, 2016

It's been an interesting morning and I suspect it will be an interesting day. I took my morning walk about the time the neighborhood young folks were going back to school. The neighborhood is eerily quiet, but I think that's because all the school age children are back in school and everyone else is either at work or staying in after Labor Day. At least, I hope that's why it's so quiet around here. I just heard the postal delivery truck stop outside, so I have to go check the mail to see if I received anything important or not important. I got a couple of important items and a couple of unimportant items. I'll check everything out after I finish this entry.


The Talk Tuesday prompt for "Invalid Item
There has been some backlash in the press recently about a staple of men's fashion: the cargo shorts. Some think this style of clothing is an abomination and no longer appropriate for a man to wear, while its defenders claim their roomy comfort and the functionality of multiple pockets remain a practical and timeless feature. What's your opinion?

I don't think cargo shorts are always an abomination because I think that depends on who's wearing the shorts. Some men look good in the shorts and some me look atrocious. I think before any male wears cargo shorts in public they should look at themselves in a full length mirror. They need to see themselves both front, back and on both sides. Next they should look at their knees to see if their knees are attractive or frightening. If they think their knees will frighten small animals and children then they should remove the shorts and put on a pair of long jeans or suit slacks.


I don't know how younger women feel, but I know that, as a 69 year old female, the last thing I want to see is an old or young man with ugly knees wearing cargo or any other type of shorts in public with their knees out for display. Guys be kind to the women you meet out there in public. Please don't cause us to go blind because of your ugly knees. If you are in doubt about how attractive your knees are then cover them up with a pair of long pants.



© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891651-Talk-Tuesday-Cargo-Shorts-and-Ugly-Knees