*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892082-Powerful-Womens-Advice--Mudita
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#892082 added September 12, 2016 at 3:14pm
Restrictions: None
Powerful Women's Advice & Mudita
30 Day Blogging Challenge

Motivational Monday!
My mother, born on this day back in 1954, once told me when I was young, "It doesn't matter what you do when you grow up; just make me proud." What's the best piece of advice your mother (or other strong female presence in your life) has given you?

The strong women in my life - my mother, my Gramzie and my Auntie Kay - have all loved me, encouraged me and given me the feeling that I could do whatever I put my mind to... the words were probably not spoken but they were there in felt presence. From them I am loved unconditionally. That is a blessing in and of itself.

Other strong women I admire and seek to listen to their advise - Oprah Winfrey, Brene Brown, Elizabeth Gilbert, Gloria Steinem, Shandra Rimes, Glennon Doyle Melton... and the list grows. These women have all brought the truth of their experience to light and made the darkness of what was once seen as taboo subjects, something that is no longer something to hide. Speaking our truth makes us more vulnerable, but there is strength in that vulnerability that connects us to others. Be brave, show courage and speak your truth so that you may live life authentically. Don't be afraid to be who you really are. Don't hide your light. Shine for all the world.

Border for my personal use.


Blog City – Day 918

Prompt: Sanskrit word Muditā means the pleasure that comes from delighting in other people's well-being. In what ways, do you think, muditā could help a person’s enjoyment of life?

I would say Mudita builds on itself... like a pebble in a lake.... it cascades out in ripples affecting the others around you... all in a positive, uplifted way. Love grows and magnifies.

Mudita

Delight in another's well-being
A warmth spreads
Like comfort on a rainy day
Uplifted spirits
Rise above the mundane
And see the possibilities
That expand...
As Joy grows
Exponentially
Love flows
And travels outward
Like the ripples
On the ocean
Forever changing
The world
Around you
In a positive way.

© Copyright 2016 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892082-Powerful-Womens-Advice--Mudita