*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892199-Smell-happiness--memory
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#892199 added September 14, 2016 at 4:15am
Restrictions: None
Smell, happiness & memory
*Right*War Chest Wednesday! Write the first thing that comes to mind when you think of one of these three smells: spearmint, paint remover, or strong perfume/cologne. (30-Day BC)

Paint remover: I love that smell. It reminds me of good times moving house and redecorating. The first time was when I was going to live with my boyfriend at the time. We had managed to get a three room apartment and decorated it with light blue in the living room and old pink in the bedroom. My boyfriend was very handy and could do anything his mind was set on. So we refurbished the whole house and have lived there happily for three years. Then it was time for me to move on. That second time I got a two room apartment nearby and my then ex-boyfriend helped me refurbish that apartment. We painted it blue as I recall. We stayed good friends from then on forward. I lost touch with him the last ten years but hear of him from a mutual friend. He is doing great; having three kids and is still with my successor.



*Right*Prompt: Happiness is our birthright. It is a sacred gift. What are your thoughts on this?(BC)

I don’t agree with this prompt. I don’t think happiness is a right. It is at best a gift from Life; at worst something you have to work for to get it. Happiness didn’t come easy or cheap in my life. I have struggled hard to find it at last.



*Right*Prompt: 'I am totally convinced that most grown-ups have completely forgotten what is it like to be a child between the ages of five and then... I can remember exactly what it was like. I am certain I can.' Roald Dahl. Use this quote as inspiration to write something about children or childhood. (BcoFs)

I have totally forgotten about the time between birth and ten years old. I think I have blocked it out since it wasn’t the best of times for us kids in the family. There is one memory and that is written in "Splash [E]. One of the few good memories. I cherish that one.



Day FIFTY THREE "Give It 100!

© Copyright 2016 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892199-Smell-happiness--memory