*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892119-Day-fifty-two
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#892119 added September 13, 2016 at 2:39am
Restrictions: None
Day fifty two
*Right*Talk Tuesday! School's back in session pretty much everywhere now, so tell us...what were your best and worst subjects when you were a student?(30-Day BC)

My best subjects were the Dutch, English and French language and literature. I loved reading books in those languages and talking about those during oral exams. I was always a confident speaker and I think that’s 50 % gain already in oral exams. My worst subject was Mathematics, although I loved doing it, but I didn’t have the brain to fully comprehend. So I had private tutoring lessons in my last year at high school to make me understand the equations better. Best to do exams in Math because it was a requirement for entering the Social Sciences at university. And I chose Psychology. Math was a huge part of the program and I’ve always struggled with it. But I passed all the exams in the end! Also there was a big theater class in high school were we experimented with theater, made a play and performed. As I did theater in secondary school as well, I entered theater class in high school too for the last two years. In one play I was the orange wigged mistress of the main character with a dance and an excellent drunken scene; in the other play I was Rea the daughter of the Roman dictator. I loved theater and still do.



*Right*Prompt: “Permission to Begin. Courage to Continue. Forgiveness to Try Again.” In your opinion, how do these phrases relate to the creative writing process?(BC)

They are attitudes and attributes in the writing process. Beginning is always the biggest issue; you have to have permission from your Muse to start writing. You need courage as a writer to continue the process and keep focused. You need forgiveness of yourself if you fail and have to restart again. Writing is a difficult process; there are many pitfalls and hurdles to take. But it is also the most fulfilling work to do. Creating worlds that did not exist before, creating art. I love it!

*Right*You are attending an event, all of a sudden; the spot light lands on you and you are called up to the stage. What will you do? The applause is growing louder, what will you say?BCoFs)

Hesitantly I would take the stage, waiting for things to come. Maybe they will award me or I have won a prize of some kind, I don’t know. But I would thank everyone for the opportunity and be off again. I hate those things where I draw attention not knowing what’s going on. If I came prepared then it would be okay.



Day FIFTY TWO "Give It 100!

© Copyright 2016 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892119-Day-fifty-two