*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892299-Achoooo-Being-Quiet-Many-Thankks-and-A-Note-on-Reviewing
by River
Rated: ASR · Book · Comedy · #2090787
Getting to know me.
#892299 added September 15, 2016 at 2:23pm
Restrictions: None
Achoooo! Being Quiet, Many Thankks and A Note on Reviewing
BCOF Insignia

Thank you to Whata SpoonStealer for the beautiful purple awardicon that graces the cover of this blog.

DAY 1401 September 15, 2016
Prompt: Write something that starts with a sneeze....


Achoo, Achoooo! No! No, no, no! This had better be allergies and not another cold. I haven't gone anywhere to catch a cold and I've been careful to avoid anyone who has one. I'm feeling so much better and a cold will surely lead to bronchitis, a sinus infection, or even pneumonia. I don't need this.
But alas, school has started again and with it comes viruses and bacteria. Short of hanging a bag full of face masks and a note outside my door there is very little I can do to avoid catching something. Achoo!

As my handle says, I'm being quiet. I haven't done any reviews, participated in the Challenge, or even wrote in my blog and I've taken a hiatus from Review Perks. I didn't want to do that and felt bad about leaving GeminiGem survived GoT to cope with the forum. Hopefully, I'll feel strong enough to return someday as her faithful assistant.

Besides checking my email (which is now sitting at 472 messages) *FacePalm* and reading my newsfeed now and then the only thing I've seriously worked on here at WDC is a short story entry for Team Canada *CountryCA* in Project Write World. I've been working with eyestar~* on that. What a surprise! I've avoided working with someone else or in a team because I didn't think I'd like doing that, but working with her has been a pleasure and I'm so happy I did it. Now, I can sit back wearing my Team Canada Hoodie and wait to see how well the fruits of our labour are received.

Image for Write World.


Being quiet is difficult for me! It's been a strange week or two trying to keep myself from over doing. After madly working on my fair entries to have them ready in time, I had to declare defeat. *Sad* My entries didn't make it to the fair and neither did I. The first time in 23 years I missed it.

Oh yeah, I won't be attending the Scrap-booking Crop this weekend either.

On a brighter note I'm feeling better. The fever and infection are gone and my appetite has returned. Hanna ~ Be Kind 💕 I have even more jelly in my fridge! *Rolling* I'm being a good girl, though. I just have to take extra care and rest to be sure it doesn't come back this time.

Thank you!
Here is where I thank everyone for the MBs, c-Notes and countless messages from all the wonderful people here at WDC. They brightened my days and were much appreciated! *Hug*

Reviewing
As a Review Coach, I'd like to stress the importance of carefully reading how to review before you jump in there and start. Reviewing is a big deal on WDC. We have a "Invalid Item with links and Review Coaches to help out. Here is an item with good suggestions and advice. "Invalid Entry We encourage our Newbies to review, but remember a basic review has at least 250 characters w/o WritingML.
You also need to read reviewing contest rules carefully. Some contests require 250 characters w/o WritingML others want 1000 characters w/o WritingML. If you write a review consisting of 24 words for a contest, it will be automatically disqualified.

If you just want to tell an author you like their work it would be better to send them a short email.


Keep Smiling,
River *Heart*

© Copyright 2016 River (UN: riverbedwriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
River has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892299-Achoooo-Being-Quiet-Many-Thankks-and-A-Note-on-Reviewing