*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892664-Gratitude-and-Stuff
by River
Rated: ASR · Book · Comedy · #2090787
Getting to know me.
#892664 added September 21, 2016 at 1:51pm
Restrictions: None
Gratitude and Stuff
BCOF Insignia

Thank you to Whata SpoonStealer for the beautiful purple awardicon that graces the cover of this blog.

DAY 1407: September 21, 2016
September 21 is World Gratitude Day. Write something about gratitude. If you have a favorite quote about gratitude include that in your entry.


Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude. Denis Waitley

I like this quote. It's difficult to live by, though. Once, I tried to keep a Gratitude Journal and I found some days it was hard to find something to be grateful for
.
I'm grateful for my family and friends, of course, but you can't write that in a Gratitude Journal everyday. When I stop to think, I'm grateful for the advances in medicine and the team of doctors and nurses that make living with RA bearable.
I read somewhere that “Paying it Forward” is a form of gratitude, and I try to do that by helping the Newbies here at WdC. I'm grateful for all the help I received as a Newbie and I want to pay it forward to the newbies joining us now.

My handle says “River being quiet.” That has been so hard for me! I don't think I've even done any reviewing this month. *Shock2* I've had to really hold myself back. Being quiet has helped a lot with my recovrey, though and I'm feeling stronger every day. I think by October I'll be back to WdC full time. Now, there's something to be grateful for! I now have 414 emails to weed through. Just that, should keep me busy! The trick is to stop when I start feeling tired.

Today, someone I care deeply about, is having surgery to remove a cancer under his eye. The thing looks like a big white spider with legs sticking out in all directions. Scary. He says it's more like an octopus. I worry because it's so close to his eye, on the lower eyelid. I pray there's no legs inside his eyelid attaching themselves to his eye. I'm waiting, not very patiently. To get some news about the surgery!

This is a short blog entry today. I'm going to force myself to nap.

Love to all my loyal fans for reading my blog.

Keep Smiling,
River *Heart*

© Copyright 2016 River (UN: riverbedwriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
River has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892664-Gratitude-and-Stuff