*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892308-Wildcard-Thursday-Useless-Knowledge-and-Ahchoo
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#892308 added September 15, 2016 at 7:12pm
Restrictions: None
Wildcard Thursday: Useless Knowledge and Ahchoo
Thursday, September 15, 2016

"There was never an age in which useless knowledge was more important than our own."
Cyril Joad

The Wildcard Round for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
List three random bits of useless knowledge, and tell us a little about each one...maybe they hold some specific significance to you, or it's important in your line of work, or how they relate to a particular hobby you have. Be creative and have some fun with this prompt...don't be afraid to show off a little! *Smile*

Useless Knowledge

I am not convinced that knowledge of any type is useless. I believe that any bit of knowledge a person has is of some use if it is only to keep a brain cell from felling useless. Knowledge I have discovered over my 69 years on this planet makes me feel awe and inspiration. I know that there are more stars in the interstellar and intergalactic space then grains of sand on every beach on Earth. I find this piece of seemingly useless and weird knowledge inspiring and proof that there has to be another planet out there with intelligent life on it. Another interesting and perhaps scary fact is that there are 1.6 million ants for each human being on the planet. If you were to weigh all these ants they would weight the same as an average human being.


A spoon full of sugar not only makes the medicine go down, but if eaten after consuming something spicy the heat of the spicy item is entirely neutralized. It is legal to duel in Paraguay if both duelers are registered blood donors. Gnurr is the lint that collects in the bottom of your pocket. The western spotted skunk is able to delay its pregnancies for several months. Vinculum is the line between the numbers in a fraction. A jiffy is most commonly equal to 0.01 seconds, but it can also be 0.5 nanoseconds.

The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1401
Write something that starts with a sneeze....

It Started with a Sneeze

Ahchoo!
Can mean I'm allergic to you
or I love you,
but not your Eau de Cologne.
If you want to be near me
then wear something
that doesn't make me sneeze.
If you do
then I will bless you.



© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892308-Wildcard-Thursday-Useless-Knowledge-and-Ahchoo