*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892234-War-Chest-Wednesday-Spearmint-Happiness-and-Childhood
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#892234 added September 14, 2016 at 6:55pm
Restrictions: None
War Chest Wednesday: Spearmint, Happiness, and Childhood
Wednesday, September 14, 2016

 Anthropocene Epoch  (ASR)
This is going to be a poem for PWW
#2093854 by Prosperous Snow celebrating

The War Chest Wednesday prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
Write the first thing that comes to mind when you think of one of these three smells: spearmint, paint remover, or strong perfume/cologne.

Spearmint

Grandma Mary's favorite gum!
Spear of flavor hits my tongue,
Remember Grandma chewing it
Despite it sticking to her dentures.

Paint Remover

Why does nail polish remover
always remind me of gasoline or paint remover?
Grandpa Frank always used gasoline to clean
the paint off his brushes before
washing the paint brushes
under the outside water faucet.

Strong perfume/cologne

Mama never wore strong perfume!
When Mom was in the room
I always detected the subtle scent of roses.

Grandma never wore strong cologne.
When Grandma Mary walked through a room
the delicate aroma of lilacs
announced her presence.

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for Day 920
Happiness is our birthright. It is a sacred gift. What are your thoughts on this?

Happiness is a spiritual attribute. It has material components that encourage the happiness of the body, but the attribute itself is spiritual. A person can be happy in any condition when focusing on gratitude for the things one has while working towards a specific goal. Happiness encourages the individual to look beyond the mundane accidents of daily living into the spiritual realm. The only secret to happiness is for a person to find out what makes her/him happy. Once a person finds out what makes him/her happy then happiness becomes a sacred birthright the person wants to pass on to his/her.


The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1400
'I am totally convinced that most grown-ups have completely forgotten what is it like to be a child between the ages of five and then... I can remember exactly what it was like. I am certain I can.' Roald Dahl Use this quote as inspiration to write something about children or childhood.

Memories from my Childhood

*Tree* I remember riding in the backseat of Grandpa's car. We were driving down a country road going to the farm of a cousin. I remember seeing groves trees along the side of the road. It was a full moon and the trees were dark against the background of sky and moon.

*FacePalm* I remember playing hide-and-seek at my cousin's farm. There was an old refrigerator on the porch and I thought it would be a nice place to hide. I hid in it. My grandfather found me before any damage was done.

*Cut* I remember sitting in the middle of Grandma's bed cutting paper dolls out of the Wards catalog. I took the scissors and cut my hair. Then I placed the hair under the catalog because I thought that Mom would get upset if she saw the hair on the bed, never mind the butcher job I did on my hair. Of course, Mom noticed I had cut my hair before she moved the catalog to find the hair on the bed.

© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892234-War-Chest-Wednesday-Spearmint-Happiness-and-Childhood