*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892978-Thank-you--Catching-up-and-Pickled-Beets-for-Breakfast
by River
Rated: ASR · Book · Comedy · #2090787
Getting to know me.
#892978 added September 26, 2016 at 1:34pm
Restrictions: None
Thank you! Catching up and Pickled Beets for Breakfast?
BCOF Insignia

Thank you Whata SpoonStealer for the beautiful purple awardicon that graces my blog cover!

Blogging for DAY 1412. Monday, September 26, 2016
Prompt: "Write a thank you note to a friend who gave you onion and garlic-flavored chewing gum."


Dear Friend,

I'd like to thank you for your gift of onion and garlic-flavored chewing gum. It has worked wonders for my privacy I no longer have to beat the men off with a stick. As you know, there are always hoards of would be suitors swarming around me. I can't blame them my charms and magnetic personality draws them like a magnet, not to mention my beauty and the body God blessed me with.!

This wonderful chewing gum has changed all that. One wiff of my breath and they're gone, some have even fainted at my feet! I am having a bit of a problem with acid relux, but it's a small price to pay.

Thank you once again for this incredible gift.

River *Heart*


Playing Catch up!
Wow! Monday again, the start of a new week at WdC. I actually posted my goals at Weekly Goals for the first time in months! My number one goal is to weed out my email which is hopelessly out of control. I woke up this morning to 500 emails. *Shock2* It's nice to feel loved. I've weeded out a few and am now down to 392. My other big project is reviews. I have only done 3 reviews for September. Even I can't believe that! Even this blog is being neglected. I slept wonderfully well last night and woke up full of energy this morning I'm hoping to get something done here today.

Speaking of the blog, what are the points about and how do you get them? I have zero points. I've noticed some members have hundreds so I'm quite curious. Can anyone tell me how that works?


Pickled Beets for Breakfast?

This morning I dug around in my fridge looking for something for breakfast. My eyes were drawn to the many bottles of pickled beets I was gifted with last week. An unconventional breakfast but that's what I decided to have.

Later I Googled Beets and to my surprise it was a good choice .

Here is a list of benefits:

1.Lower Your Blood Pressure
Drinking beet juice may help to lower blood pressure in a matter of hours. One study found that drinking one glass of beet juice lowered systolic blood pressure by an average of 4-5 points.3
The benefit likely comes from the naturally occurring nitrates in beets, which are converted into nitric oxide in your body. Nitric oxide, in turn, helps to relax and dilate your blood vessels, improving blood flow and lowering blood pressure.

2.Boost Your Stamina
If you need a boost to make it through your next workout, beet juice may again prove valuable. Those who drank beet juice prior to exercise were able to exercise for up to 16 percent longer. The benefit is thought to also be related to nitrates turning into nitric oxide, which may reduce the oxygen cost of low-intensity exercise as well as enhance tolerance to high-intensity exercise.

3.Fight Inflammation
Beets are a unique source of betaine, a nutrient that helps protects cells, proteins, and enzymes from environmental stress. It's also known to help fight inflammation, protect internal organs, improve vascular risk factors, enhance performance, and likely help prevent numerous chronic diseases.5 As reported by the World's Healthiest Foods
"[Betaine's]… presence in our diet has been associated with lower levels of several inflammatory markers, including C reactive protein, interleukin-6, and tumor necrosis factor alpha. As a group, the anti-inflammatory molecules found in beets may eventually be shown to provide cardiovascular benefits in large-scale human studies, as well as anti-inflammatory benefits for other body systems."

4.Anti-Cancer Properties
The powerful phytonutrients that give beets their deep crimson color may help to ward off cancer. Research has shown that beetroot extract reduced multi-organ tumor formations in various animal models when administered in drinking water, for instance, while beetroot extract is also being studied for use in treating human pancreatic, breast, and prostate cancers.7

5.Rich in Valuable Nutrients and Fiber
Beets are high in immune-boosting vitamin C, fiber, and essential minerals like potassium (essential for healthy nerve and muscle function) and manganese (which is good for your bones, liver, kidneys, and pancreas). Beets also contain the B vitamin folate, which helps reduce the risk of birth defects.

6.Detoxification Support
The betalin pigments in beets support your body's Phase 2 detoxification process, which is when broken down toxins are bound to other molecules so they can be excreted from your body. Traditionally, beets are valued for their support in detoxification and helping to purify your blood and your liver.

You can't go wrong with beets for breakfast! Not recommended more than 3 times a week though.

That's all I have time for today.

Keep Smiling,
River *Heart*

© Copyright 2016 River (UN: riverbedwriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
River has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892978-Thank-you--Catching-up-and-Pickled-Beets-for-Breakfast