*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892857-Creation-Saturday-Laughter-Trees--the-Headless-Horseman
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#892857 added September 24, 2016 at 2:34pm
Restrictions: None
Creation Saturday: Laughter, Trees, & the Headless Horseman
Saturday, September 24, 2016

 Autumnal Equinox  (E)
More memories from my childhood
#2097310 by Prosperous Snow celebrating

The Creation Saturday prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
Fill in both blanks with the same word to create your question, and then answer it: How ______ is too ______?

How funny is too funny? If you die laughing then it's too funny. I hear people say "I almost died laughing," at a specific joke while the standing in front of me talking. If they almost died laughing then the joke was probably funny but not so funny that it would kill you. I've never heard of anyone dying of laughter which doesn't mean anything, but I think something like that would make the national headline. I'm sure that once a pathologist performs an autopsy he/she would know if the person really did die laughing and therefore the joke that killed the person was "too funny".


The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1410
Pine, oak, cedar, birch, aspen, fir, maple. Joshua, jacaranda, palm. There are thousands of species of trees in the world; some are found in many regions and some in only one place. There are trees that grow fruits and nuts; there are desert trees and tropical trees but there is only one special one. Weave us a story about the one in your life.

"The Cottonwood Tree is my favorite because it brings back memories from my childhood. Every time I see the "Amber Leaves of a cottonwood tree, I inhale a deep breath, smile, and take a mental trip in time back to the childhood in Blackwell, Oklahoma. I still see the ancient tree growing in my grandparents yard. I always say it grew in the front yard because the tree, which grew at the side of the living room, separated the front yard from the backyard. If I remember correctly, the tree grew on the west side of the house a few steps from grandma's lilac bush.

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 930
In Washington Irving's story "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow," Ichabod Crane attends an autumnal harvest feast, where he listens to local townspeople recounting ghost stories. Later that night, on his fateful ride home, he encounters the Headless Horseman. The ending of the story is left open to interpretation: Is the Headless Horseman a ghoulish spirit, or is it actually Crane's rival in love, dressed in disguise and further exaggerated by Crane's haunted, overactive imagination? It's your blog, have fun.

My logical mind says that Ichabod Crane's encounter with the Headless Horseman had more to do with his rival in love disguised as The Horseman and enhanced by Crane's overactive and haunted imagination. My own overactive imagination and illogical mind says that Mr. Crane really did encounter the Headless Horseman and was either killed by the Horseman or fled to someplace that was safer. Whichever it was the results were the same for Crane's rival because it left the field open for him to win the heart of the fair lady.




© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892857-Creation-Saturday-Laughter-Trees--the-Headless-Horseman