*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/893034-Talk-Tuesday-I-Live-in-an-Interesting-Neighborhood
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#893034 added September 27, 2016 at 2:44pm
Restrictions: None
Talk Tuesday: I Live in an Interesting Neighborhood
Tuesday, September 27, 2016

"The Bible tells us to love our neighbors as ourselves. Surely part of loving in this way is trying to understand what another person wants us to understand. I may not understand perfectly and I may not agree, but if I love you I should try to know what it is you wish I could know."
Kevin DeYoung

The Talk Tuesday prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
Are your neighbors genuinely good people, or bad people? And please cite an example.

Are my neighbors genuinely good people, or bad people? My neighbors are interesting people, which means some of them are good, some are bad, some are a combination of both, and some I'm not sure which category they fall under. All of these people treat me nicely and some of them say good morning or good afternoon. I know there is at least one hooker living on this block. There is also a "sell house" which dispenses illegal drugs, but I'm not sure which apartment building it's in. The neighbors in the apartment next to mine tend to cut into my cable line to get "free" cable hookup.


One of the neighbor lady, who lives in the apartment building on the east side of my building, has Alzheimer's disease. She walks through the neighborhood everyday pushing a baby carriage with a plastic trashcan in it to hold the aluminum cans she picks up. This lady sweeps the sidewalk in front of our apartment buildings and every-once-in-a-while brings me packages of gourmet coffee. Another interest thing about this neighborhood is that the police patrols drive the wrong way down this one-way street. The cars are supposed to got east instead of west down Sunrise Avenue.

Life on Sunrise Avenue is interesting and sometimes stressful. A few of the neighbors tend to smoke pot outside their apartments, which is irritating when they live next door to me or smoke it by the mailboxes which are next to my apartment. In the summer, when I have to have the windows and doors closed for the air conditioner, it isn't a problem, but in the spring, autumn, and winter when I have the door and window open I can smell the damn stuff.

© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/893034-Talk-Tuesday-I-Live-in-an-Interesting-Neighborhood