*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892998-Cryptomnesia-and-Thank-You-Note
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#892998 added September 26, 2016 at 7:12pm
Restrictions: None
Cryptomnesia and Thank You Note
Monday, September 26, 2016


The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 932
Cryptomnesia is a certain type of a memory bias where a memory is mistaken for imagination. It is said that this happens to writers quite often. What do you think about this memory quirk? Have you ever written something that you didn’t know at first if it was a memory or a derivative of it or totally your imagination?

I'm not sure if I experienced this memory phenomena or not. I suppose I could have experienced it without realizing what it was. I have to admit that there are times when I look at a description I've just written and wonder if it really happened. I usually attribute those episodes to deeply buried memories coming to the surface. Now I suppose I'll have to look closer at items and ask different questions.


The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1412
Let's try something a little different today. I found this prompt on Daily Teaching Tools   "Write a thank you note to a friend who gave you onion and garlic-flavored chewing gum."

Thank you for the gum
Chewing it was really fun
It's nice to know your humor
Is as weird as mine.


© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/892998-Cryptomnesia-and-Thank-You-Note