*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/893164-Books-I-Want-To-Read-Next--Fall-Yummies
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#893164 added September 29, 2016 at 1:02pm
Restrictions: None
Books I Want To Read Next & Fall Yummies
30 Day Blogging Challenge

The Wildcard Round! Today's winner, from a Virtual Dice draw, will win 5000 GPs!
What book (or books) in your TBR (to be read) pile are you most looking forward to reading, and why?


My TBR list is huge - I have it on Goodreads.com. There are 268 books on that list and that does not include all of the ones I just bought when I added a whole bunch more since going to the Eden Mills writer's Festival and Toronto's Word On The Street.

I am currently reading Season of Darkness by Maureen Jennings (this is a Tom Tyler mystery), How To Be An Artist: Without Losing Your Mind, Your Shirt, or Your Creative Compass by JoAnneh Nagler, and a poetry book - Picking Up the Pieces by Mary M. Cushnie-Mansour.

By my bed I have 3 more Maureen Jennings mysteries (one is a Murdoch Mystery), 2 new (old) Jill Shalvis romances, the next book in Kelley Armstrong's Cainsville series - Deception, Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert, On The Road by Gloria Steinem and Rising Strong by Brene Brown (though I still need to finish her Daring Greatly first).

Now you also ask why. Why indeed. First, I love Jill Shalvis's writing style and her romances are like candy to me. These two books are older books she has written, but I have managed to find them. I intend to savour them. Second, the Jennings mysteries are very well done. I can learn a lot from this woman's style as well... and it was very nice to meet and talk to her at the Eden Mills Writer's Festival. Third, Kelley Armstrong was the writer in residence at the Kitchener Public Library earlier this year. I really enjoyed her workshops and her books are really very good... another writer who can teach me something with her writing. The other books on my excited to read list are of women I am interested in as far as their ideas and their stories - strong voices who are heavy on girl power and / or creative outlets. I need their words to lift me up out of my lowly funk and help me find my way as a woman and a creative person.

As you can see, I am a pretty eclectic reader. Watching Oprah's Super Soul Sunday has introduced me to many good books I am excited to get into... there is just so much I want to read and so little time.

The button that I picked up at the Word On The Street festival speaks volumes for me - Life Is What Interrupts Reading.

Border for my personal use.


Blog City – Day 935

Prompt: What is your best recipe for a fall weekend outing?

Fall weekend outing.... does that have to be an outside endeavour or are we talking Canadian Thanksgiving? Given that our thanksgiving is in a couple of weeks (October 10th) and that is at the same time Kitchener kicks off its Oktoberfest.... I'll go with that. Since I am not a fan of German faire, I will stick to my traditional yummy thanksgiving goodies.
My top pick would be pumpkin pie, but I saw a recipe today that might be good to try..... well, several actually!

Pumpkin Cheesecake:
https://www.facebook.com/ispendwithpennies/videos/1415280895154843/

Some biscuits:
https://www.facebook.com/ispendwithpennies/videos/1260329444017952/

More buns:
https://www.facebook.com/grandmothersfood/videos/1089443281136262/

and with those....
https://www.facebook.com/recetascity/videos/1726497484276958/

Mmmmmmmm!

© Copyright 2016 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/893164-Books-I-Want-To-Read-Next--Fall-Yummies