*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/893180-Steam-Heat-and-Hermine-to-Matthew
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#893180 added September 29, 2016 at 4:54pm
Restrictions: None
Steam Heat and Hermine to Matthew
We've had about 14 different rain showers today and now, after the most recent one, I am looking out the window by my computer at the sun shining as brightly as ever. The most interesting thing is the roof of my neighbor across the street. Steam is rising from his shingles about four feet into the air, then slowly drifting to the west and disappearing. I wonder if mine is doing the same?

Our county hired an independent contractor to pick up the yard debris from Hermine. He...they...it finally came last Tuesday, a huge dump truck type thing with that arm and big metal scissor-type "grasper" on top. He had my tiny little four-week old plus trashpile removed in about one minute. Thank heavens. I was so tired of looking at it everyday. Now, I discover that Hurricane Matthew may be on the way.

My book club is meeting tomorrow at a local museum for a tour of Frida Kahlo's portraits, a photography exhibit, something different for us to do. We have a member who is a docent at the art museum and she will be our guide...looking forward to it. I think I mentioned our book for the next meeting (Oct. 4th) is A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman, a super interesting read - 2 times for me. But I am reading a book now that I have barely been able to put down, A Thousand Acres by Jane Smiley. It's about one of those big family-owned farms, this one in Iowa, where the mother dies when the three daughters are young, leaving them to be raised by their father. You will either love it or hate it...not going to say anymore.

until next time...c

© Copyright 2016 Have a sunshiny day! (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Have a sunshiny day! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/893180-Steam-Heat-and-Hermine-to-Matthew