*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/893368
Rated: E · Book · Romance/Love · #2098114
This follows the October Nano Prep Challenge... for part 2 of Fractured Dreams - Moving On
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#893368 added October 5, 2016 at 1:46pm
Restrictions: None
Day 1 - Premise / Theme
Saturday, Oct. 01
Required: Idea/Premise ▼

Identify the following:
(1) Protagonist(s). Who is(are) your main character(s)?
(2) Flaw(s). What is(are) the protagonist's major flaw(s)?
(3) Goal(s). What does the protagonist want?
(4) Conflict. What is keeping them from their goal?
(5) Antagonist(s). Who(what) is creating the conflict?

I have decided to do a second part to the story I began last year.... Fractured Dreams. This part is Moving On or Putting the Pieces Back Together.
In essence my main character must take the brokenness of her life and put it back together, making herself whole again.... and become stronger for the experience.
Protagonist:
Taygen (Campbell) Keller – has just left her unfaithful husband. In his infidelity, he has managed to get the girl pregnant – she connived the situation so that he would have to choose her over his wife.

Alex Donovan – one of Taygen’s roommates who is attracted to her, but develops a friendship with her while she heals from her marital split.

Flaw:
Taygen has given herself over to her marriage and everything Carson wanted... her writing dreams were dwindling and it was suffocating her. She must develop a backbone in dealing with him.... and she does.

Goals:
Taygen wants to rediscover herself – Nano could be her first year??? Or maybe a second... if it bothered her ex that she was starting to find her own way while married and that bothered him.
She also is timid about finding love again, though she is seriously attracted to Alex.

Conflict:
Taygen and Carson must finalize their breakup.
Carson is unset that she has reverted to her original name - though he was always upset that she kept her original name for teacher's college and teaching.
Carson may try to get Taygen to take him back and raise the child – trying to get full custody of the baby... this may bring up the issues of Taygen not feeling comfortable raising children with him. And trust issues – who’s to say he doesn’t do this again and she’s raising his kid.
Taygen and Alex must forge a new relationship – she is ‘gunshy’ and he is patient.

Antagonists:
Carson Keller – the unfaithful ex-husband – who may want to get Taygen to reconsider and stay with him to raise his child – she refuses of course. He will have to marry the other woman – who is a real bitch.

The other woman – calls to tell Taygen that Carson has been unfaithful and may have gotten the girl pregnant.



Bonus: Theme - Identify the theme or moral of the story. Brainstorm ways you could resolve your conflict within the confines of the theme.

Theme:
Standing strong – being a woman of substance - Able to be and do what she likes and still find love... with the right partner.



Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

** Image ID #1855238 Unavailable ** My owl signature from Gemini Gem. Winter trail scene
© Copyright 2016 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/893368