*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/893497-Who-Did-I-Want-To-Be-When-I-Grew-Up
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#893497 added October 2, 2016 at 10:56pm
Restrictions: None
Who Did I Want To Be When I Grew Up
Blog City – Day 938

Prompt: When you were a kid, who did you most want to be like when you grew up? Was it particular athlete, a television or movie character, a superhero? Maybe even a family member? And in what way(s) did you emulate them?

I will tell you right now my hero was not a woman... there were no strong woman on television when I was a child... and I am a child of the seventies. I was a tomboy. I did like the Six Million Dollar Man.... now stop laughing.... I would mime running like him in slow motion making my friends laugh. There was the Six Million Dollar Woman - Lindsay Wagner, I believe, but I did not relate.... TV was TV, not real, not relevant.

In the real world, my auntie Kay was a favourite that I looked up to.... she was a teacher. She was going places. She had ambition that took her out and away from small town life.

But I think I was just being myself. I liked me... even if my peers didn't get me. Maybe that was the problem. I didn't need them or their pettiness. My family loved me and that's what counted.


© Copyright 2016 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/893497-Who-Did-I-Want-To-Be-When-I-Grew-Up