*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/893661
Rated: E · Book · Romance/Love · #2098114
This follows the October Nano Prep Challenge... for part 2 of Fractured Dreams - Moving On
#893661 added October 5, 2016 at 1:47pm
Restrictions: None
Day 4 - Antagonist Profile and Voice
Tuesday, Oct. 04
Required: Antagonist Profile â–¼

Complete a character profile of your antagonist (your "bad guy" - the character creating conflict for your protagonist.) If your antagonist is a situation rather than a person, write about what it is and how it will create the narrative conflict. Add the profile to your character database (if applicable.)

I have developed a character profile of Carson Kellar, Taygen's ex-husband. "Carson Kellar - Antagonist - Nano Project

Further clarification:
- Wikipedia's definition of Narrative Conflict
- Newsletter Article: "When The Bad Guy Isn't a Person"
- "ANTAGONIST (Re: A LOT of confusing things)"

Bonus: Antagonist Voice â–¼

Have your antagonist introduce themselves to us in first person using their own voice. Brainstorm ways to make their voice unique. If your antagonist is a situation rather than a person, attempt to personify it and give it an explanation for interfering with your protagonist. Add the introduction to your character database (if applicable.)

Negative and complaining.... blaming outside of himself.

I never do anything without researching it first. If I can avoid doing anything stupid or waste my money or time...
I don't understand Taygen... I swear, how the hell can she be my wife? She does things without thinking and hasn't a clue why when I ask her... and every time it costs me. She's a university grad... she's supposed to be smart, but I swear, she is the dumbest smart person I know. I don't know how much I've lost because she does things without thinking. If she'd just ask me or better yet, do what I tell her...
Her car... it's a pig sty. She could live in there... books and s*** all over the place. I bet her trunk is filled. If it wasn't for me taking care of it... she'd let it rot.
And I don't understand why the house isn't spotless. She's not working a lot right now and not at all in the summer... I don't count that 'client' she has that is just fun...
It wouldn't kill her to spend a couple of hours cleaning everyday. Especially cleaning up that damn spare room. She dumps everything in there! If we ever had anyone stay over we'd never be able to use it.... if I ever invited anyone over in the first place.
She pisses her time away - I swear I have no idea what she does with her day... but when I get home nothing looks different.
I swear she watches TV and reads all damn day - while I work my ass off providing nice stuff for us... I'm killing myself. She doesn't appreciate it either 'cause I come home to no dinner almost ready and half the time there is nothing for my lunches.
She thinks only of herself... if she really cared... she'd do what I asked and have dinner almost ready to eat when I get home. She'd make my lunches...
I don't think I ask for much... but if she's not working much then I don't see why she can't do more around here.
I tell her if she was working it wouldn't matter so much, but come on. Shouldn't a guy be able to expect a this a least?

Have I made mistakes? Well, if Taygen would just be the person I need.... We were doing counselling... to get her fixed up... but things were going so slow... and I felt the councillor was not on my side - she wanted me to do some stuff, but I am not doing that new age crap.

Yeah, so I met someone else. Someone fun... and she screwed me. Got herself f***ing pregnant and claims it's mine. I am making her get tested to be sure. How do I know I am the only one she's been with... and I ain't going to let her raise the kid if its mine. Maybe I can convince Taygen to do that with me... she's good with kids. f***. I don't want to marry ___ she's becoming a real bitch.... I am hoping it is only pregnancy hormones.... f***, I am so screwed.



Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

** Image ID #1855238 Unavailable ** My owl signature from Gemini Gem. Winter trail scene
© Copyright 2016 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/893661