*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/893817
Rated: E · Book · Romance/Love · #2098114
This follows the October Nano Prep Challenge... for part 2 of Fractured Dreams - Moving On
#893817 added October 6, 2016 at 5:52pm
Restrictions: None
Day 6 - Outline Revision & Chronological Timeline
Thursday, Oct. 06
Required: Outline Revision #1 â–¼
Building on your Premise/Idea from Oct. 1, compose the first draft of your outline.
Options:
Using traditional outline format (Traditional Outline): Define what happens at the beginning, climax, and the end.
Using Index Cards (Paper or Electronic): Define your beginning, climax, and end. As you build your outline throughout October, you can easily shuffle around plot elements.
The Snowflake Method: Write a provocative one-sentence description of your story. Example from Randy Ingermanson's Transgression: "A rogue physicist travels back in time to kill the apostle Paul."

Traditional:
Beginning: Taygen moves out after finding out her husband has been unfaithful. She refuses to be submissive to him anymore...
Climax: This is trickier.... ??
End: Taygen decides to trust her heart and give Alex a chance... a relationship based on love and friendship may be a new concept for her, but it is so worth it.

A provocative one-sentence description of my story:
A young woman must come to terms with the failure of her marriage and put the pieces of her life back together so that she may trust love again.

Carson will play on her heart to get her to come back and help him raise this kid, if he can get Cheryl to give up rights.... Cheryl battles him and he realizes if he wants access at all he will need to be a 'family' with her so he can raise this kid 'right'.
Taygen did not want to have children with Carson because she felt he would be too anal and controlling and that would be a poor environment for the children.... she would also feel she was protecting them from his overly anal, intolerant ways. She did not want him belittling her in front of them and taking away her power even more. Cheryl won't take that s***.

Bonus: Chronological Timeline â–¼
Add a chronological timeline to your revised outline, using whatever measure of time is appropriate in your story. Determine when plot events happen in time (which is not necessarily when you will reveal them in your novel.) See this example composed by JK Rowling while outlining one of her famous Harry Potter novels.

Taygen packs up and leaves - she gets help from Thomas and some of his buddies and Myra. Myra tells her not to tidy up.
Carson goes that weekend to 'deal' with Cheryl (subplot) - he does not realize Taygen is gone until the morning (she had been sleeping in the spare room all week). Then he is pissed about the mess.
Taygen returns to help him clean up - he is being an asshole and she threatens to leave - this gets him to step up and play nice.
She leaves with the realtor - to avoid any discussion or bullying from Carson
Over the week - she gets a lawyer and gets ready for school
She works with Terri on Friday who invites her up after her shift on Saturday. She decides to go... and have some beach time.
Alex is at the same beach that weekend with friends - he meets her in the morning and brings his buddies down to hang with the girls later - in the evening they all meet up at a bar.
School begins and Taygen's first week focus is on school
They all go to Eden Mills Writer's Festival
They all go to Word on the Street in the park - Taygen is intrigued by the fact that Alex is into this kind of thing.






Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

** Image ID #1855238 Unavailable ** My owl signature from Gemini Gem. Winter trail scene
© Copyright 2016 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/893817