*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/894210-AHHA-Moments-and-Sleep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#894210 added October 11, 2016 at 11:37am
Restrictions: None
AHHA Moments and Sleep
Tuesday, October 11, 2016

"You can’t wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club."
Jack London

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 946
For a brilliant writing idea, what wins for you most of the time? An Ahha moment, being 100 percent sure of knowing something, the search for an idea, or your expertise?

The brilliant writing idea is out in there somewhere. The problem is that a writer can't wait for it to come to her, she has to pick up a club and go hunting for it. The best place to find ideas is in the world around you. When you take the trash to the alley or the curb, look around and see what is available to inspire you to write. If you're depressed then write about the depression and the reason you are depressed. Ahha moments come but they don't come a regular intervals. The muse is a fickle bitch and will run off into the woods at a moments notice, so while your muse is gallivanting across the world you need to be writing, meditating, or doing something that will give you ideas when your muse runs off.


The "Blogging Circle of Friends DAY 1426
Let's talk about sleep. Do you get enough sleep? How do you sleep? Back? stomach? side? What do you think your chosen sleep position says about you? I've included a link to the reader's digest latest scoop, do you agree or disagree?

I sleep in a recliner. I haven't slept comfortable in a real bed on a real mattress since 2007. I think that's when I became my mother's caregiver. Around that time I my lower back pain started, which caused me to wake up several times a night to turn over. I couldn't turn over in my sleep without pain. The pain woke me up. I turned over and went back to sleep for a couple of hours before the pain woke me up again. I moved from the bed to the couch, which gave me a little more rest. I slept on a couch until this year when I purchased a second hand recliner. I sleep on my back in the recliner because sleeping on my side in a recliner is difficult.




© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/894210-AHHA-Moments-and-Sleep