*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/894230-An-excerpt-from-the-unlucky-life-of-Herman
Rated: E · Book · Technology · #1973676
Thoughts from time to time.
#894230 added December 29, 2018 at 4:53pm
Restrictions: None
An excerpt from the unlucky life of Herman
    That winter Lois and I went to my sister for the fortytwo dominoes parties and it seemed like there were less men then I remembered. Among the sister's friends was Lucille, who liked to flirt with me. One of the things about fortytwo and trying to take all the tricks was saying, "I'm going to plunge!" Lucille would look at me and say, "Herman are you going to plunge?"





    I loved hearing how she said that, so I would say when she was my partner, "Do you want me to plunge Lucille?"





    She would say right in front of Lois, "Herman, you can plunge anytime you want to. You don't have to ask me!"





    And she didn't ask Lois when she started buying me shirts and saying. "I've got some shirts at the house that you should stop by and try on. Anytime would be fine, day or night, and I would love for you to stay awhile!" She wanted....I thought that part of my life was over with! It's never to late in life to realize you can still be wrong! Blow me over and tickle me with a feather, she knew how to make me feel truly alive! The bad thing was I had to break Lois's heart when I didn't come home some nights and I had to tell her GOOD BY! It's terrible when you feel like a cad and are happy at the same time! 

© Copyright 2018 charlie55 (UN: charlie55 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
charlie55 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/894230-An-excerpt-from-the-unlucky-life-of-Herman