*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/894359
Rated: E · Book · Romance/Love · #2098114
This follows the October Nano Prep Challenge... for part 2 of Fractured Dreams - Moving On
#894359 added October 12, 2016 at 10:23pm
Restrictions: None
Day 12 - Brainstorming - Freestyle and Extended
Wednesday, Oct. 12
Required: Freestyle Brainstorm β–Ό
Spend at least fifteen minutes writing whatever ideas come to you about your plot, characters and setting.

Bonus: Extended Brainstorm β–Ό
Add at least fifteen additional minutes to your freestyle brainstorming time.

As September progresses Taygen learns more about what she wants... I am thinking Nano might be her first year... doing things she has put off because Carson did not approve. It could be her second year.... as Carson may have given a lot of fuss the year before but she still did it.... just didn't go to all the events. For her to devote that much time to writing would be crazy.... yes, she is working but only half time... this could work.
She gets to the Eden Mills Writer's Festival for the second time as well.... Word on the Street is a regular thing.... but they could go to Toronto??? No I think I will have WOTS be in Victoria Park on the Sunday... that way Taygen does not have to take off work. She learns Alex is a fan and that he is into a lot of the things she is.... common interests with a guy, who knew. Friendship grows.
To keep things interesting have the attraction be there... from both points of view.
Also have a subplot of Carson with Cheryl and how he is dealing with the pregnancy news and what he is prepared to do to make that work.... what does he tell his family. The baby will b born out of wedlock as he cannot remarry for a whole year - starting when Taygen moved out the last week of August. The baby will be born in May - his sister Patty figures out the baby is full term, not a premie and is on his ass about being unfaithful to Taygen - you had to be... she didn't leave until almost September. She didn't leave because she just wanted to go.... she left because you were screwing around and got someone pregnant.
Patty does not like Cheryl at all.
October settles into routine and Taygen starts a creative writing club after Thanksgiving.
Does Carson know where Taygen lives or does he just assume she is at her mother's place? At first he assumes she is at her mother's and she does not alter that assumption... she has him drop off her mail there.
Taygen is making her writing and her teaching a priority in her life. New friendships with teachers and other writers is enlivening for her.
Carson goes to see and talk to Cheryl that weekend that TAygne is moving out... it is a miserable weekend - huge arguments - he wants her to get a paternity test... and he'll only pay for it if the kid is his. She is really pussy about him assuming she sleeps around.
"how the hell did this happen?"
"The usual way.."
"You know what I mean, Cheryl. We used protection. You said you were on the pill... were you lying?"
"f*** you... mistakes happen. Protection is not a 100% guarantee. Don't you dare call me a f***in' liar."
"What am I supposed to think. We used both..."
"Condoms break."
"Are you still on the pill."
"I went off when I thought I was pregnant... that isn't good the baby."
"f***. When the hell was that."
"A week or two ago."
"And who says this kid's mine. I have no idea what you do when I'm not here."
"You' re an Asshole."
"Fine but I want proof."
"Proof."
"Yeah, one of those maternity or paternity tests."
She just glared at him.
"No test and I will assume it ain't mine."
"You asshole."
"I could just walk away..."
"You wouldn't dare.... besides I could make it difficult for you."
"What now you're threatening me."
"Hell, yeah."
"If there's no proof... it's your word against mine."
"You said you wife knows..."
"And she won't f***in' say a thing.... she's like that."
"How do you know? How can you be so sure? If it was me, I'd be screaming it from the rooftops."
"Yeah, and you're a bitch."
She glared at him. "No I just know when to assert myself. Your wife is a weak ass bitch. Letting you run the show... oblivious to your f***ing around."
"I've never..."
"Yeah, and you think she'll believe you now?" Cheryl gave a wicked laugh. "you are deluding yourself if you think she'll be supportive now. You can kiss her ass goodbye."
"L:eave her out of this..."
"No. This kid is yours... its all of us now, unless you man up and get rid of her."
"You've got to be kidding."
"You think you can work it out with her?" Cheryl laughed again." Think again. She'll leave your ass."
Carson knew there was truth in that, but he refused Taygen would bail on him. She depended on him. He may resent that, but she would stay only because she was afraid to do anything else.... but he was not going to tell Cheryl that.


Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

** Image ID #1855238 Unavailable ** My owl signature from Gemini Gem. Winter trail scene
© Copyright 2016 πŸ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
πŸ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/894359