*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/894592-Atmanandas-Diary
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#894592 added October 16, 2016 at 12:26am
Restrictions: None
Atmananda's Diary
In the course of a conversation Ma said: "It is well to keep in mind that whatever one enjoys of worldly happiness, be it good food or anything else, use up some of the merit that one has accumulated. It is therefore commendable to remember God at all times and to enjoy whatever comes as coming from God. Similarly should one try to bear in mind that any suffering or adversity that one has to go through expiates one's accumulated paap , wrong or evil actions and thoughts."
Ma then narrated this story....
"A very rich man died leaving his wealth to his son. Before closing his eyes for ever, he told him that if ever he got into very bad traits so as to be utterly helpless and destitute, he should open a certain cupboard in the house. However the cupboard was not to be opened under any other circumstances. The son was a spend-thrift and soon had exhausted all his wealth. At last he was virtually penniless, there was not even enough to provide the barest necessities for his family; moreover there was illness in the house besides all sorts of other troubles. He remembered the cupboard and managed to open it with great difficulty. To his utter disappointment he found it empty. It was an ordinary black cupboard, so he threw it outside into the compound and started to dig and search everywhere for the hidden treasure--in vain. In his despair he finally went to solicit the help of a mahatma. The mahatma agreed to come to his house and see what could be done. On arriving there he looked around and then said: Give me a seat near the black cupboard. He sat down and scraped the varnish off the old piece of furniture and lo and behold it was found to be made of pure gold. "Similarly," Ma concluded, "the gold is to be found in everyone's own heart, where the One sits enthroned on His lotus seat. But unless one is completely empty the gold cannot be found."

© Copyright 2016 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/894592-Atmanandas-Diary