*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/895425-Utopia-and-childhoods-dreams
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#895425 added October 24, 2016 at 7:16am
Restrictions: None
Utopia and childhood's dreams
** Image ID #2099018 Unavailable **

*Right*Prompt: Julian Barnes writes in his book England, England, “Memories of childhood were the dreams that stayed with you after you woke.” Do you believe strong early memories offer clues to what people can become later in their lives? And how do you think this idea will play out in your characters’ actions? (BC)

I am not sure how to interpret today’s prompt right, I have trouble with its meaning but I give it a try.

I think memories of childhood’s dreams can be a guide towards the goals and aims later in life. They can be like a premonition working its way into the reality of the grownup. They can work as wishful thinking and guide you through life. I have no idea how to put this thought into action in writing. Perhaps the character can have flashbacks from his childhood memories that strengthen his development later in life, or it can become the motivation for what the character wants to achieve in the story? Childhood memories can influence his or her tastes, likes, and dislikes. So it may be important for character building in the story.



*Right*Prompt: If I could create an ideal world, it would be an England with the fire of the Elizabethans, the correct taste of the Georgians, and the refinement and pure ideals of the Victorians. - H. P. Lovecraft. If you could create an ideal world what would it consist of?(BCoFs)

An ideal world would consist of more happy people due to a more balanced economic structure so the wealth of this earth would be for all instead of for the happy few. There are far too many countries still with poverty, human trafficking, and exploitation. The resources are there to feed everyone on this earth, yet there is famine. Not everyone has access to proper health care. I would want that all changed.

The wars have to end: the Syrian war is already taking more than six years with devastation, demolished buildings and roads and people in dire situations. And millions on the run or in refugees camps. There are still wars going on in Africa, where whole villages get slaughtered, people being tortured, vanish or get raped. That has to go!

An ideal world would be one where people care more about others, the preservation of the earth and the focus on good news rather than bad news. An ideal world would be a utopia. But it’s worth aiming for: in thought as well as in practice.



Day NINETY THREE "Give It 100!
 
 
93% complete




© Copyright 2016 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/895425-Utopia-and-childhoods-dreams