*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/895442-Childhood-Memories-Contemplating-an-Ideal-World
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#895442 added October 24, 2016 at 12:02pm
Restrictions: None
Childhood Memories Contemplating an Ideal World
Monday, October 24, 2016

The thunder grumbles
Cool raindrops strike black asphalt
Angels are bowling

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 959
Julian Barnes writes in his book England, England, “Memories of childhood were the dreams that stayed with you after you woke.”
Do you believe strong early memories offer clues to what people can become later in their lives? And how do you think this idea will play out in your characters’ actions?

Childhood Memories

Do childhood memories offer clues to what people become later in their lives? I'm not sure that they offer clues to an individual's choice of occupations. I do know that good and bad memories can have a subtle influence on the way a person treats other people no matter what career path they take. In some cases childhood memories may encourage people to follow in their parents footsteps and in other cases cause them to chose a career totally unrelated to their parents' choice. Memories also influence a writer both in the way characters are created and a story is written. A writer's childhood memories will rear their ugly or beautiful heads in setting, character personalities, plot, character background, and story background. Sometimes this influence can be detected by the reader and sometimes it takes a bit of research to detect it, but the influence is there.


The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1439
If I could create an ideal world, it would be an England with the fire of the Elizabethans, the correct taste of the Georgians, and the refinement and pure ideals of the Victorians. - H. P. Lovecraft If you could create an ideal world what would it consist of?

Contemplating an Ideal World

What would my ideal world consist of? In my ideal world there would be equality, respect, and a more balanced economy. There are some good aspects from past civilizations and cultures that could and should be included in a society that encourages every individual to achieve his or her highest potential. I would create a society or civilization that has a less ego centric view of humanity, the planet, and the universe. Present day civilization does not take the long view, but rather focuses on what feels good and accomplishes the most wealth in the short term for a few individuals.


© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/895442-Childhood-Memories-Contemplating-an-Ideal-World