*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/895559-Tuesday-on-Meanings-and-Candles
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#895559 added October 25, 2016 at 3:48pm
Restrictions: None
Tuesday on Meanings and Candles
Tuesday, October 25, 2016

 How do you make a Jack-O-Lantern Happy?  (ASR)
A Jack-O- Lantern Speaks
#2100563 by Prosperous Snow celebrating

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 960
“Sometimes it's not enough to know what things mean; sometimes you have to know what things don't mean.” Bob Dylan What is your take on this quote?

Knowing what something doesn't mean is acquired through experience because these are the connotations or overtones of a word or phrase. These are the subtle aromas that cling to a word-phrase that comes down through our memories. I suspect that each emotional word has different connotations to each individual, but this is just my opinion. I have unpleasant memories of breath infested with cigarette and beer which sometimes makes me cringe. However, I don't get the same feeling when I smell a hand rolled tobacco cigarette or a pipe containing pipe tobacco. The aroma of a hand rolled tobacco cigarette or pipe tobacco brings a pleasant feeling which is almost comforting. I know that the reason for these feelings are experiences I had when I was growing up. It's these experience that cause me to understand what a word or phrase doesn't mean.


The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1440
"Good people are like candles; they burn themselves up to give other light." Do you agree or disagree? Do you ever feel like you've done so much in a situation you feel burned out? Tell us about one of those times.


If individuals are burning themselves out giving their lights to others they need to back off for a little while so that they can figure out if they are doing something wrong. 'Abdu'l-Baha spent his life being a candle to humanity. He revealed what it meant to love and serve the human race with a love that reflected the divine love of God. One of his secrets was enjoying what he was doing. Another was depending completely upon God, so that he didn't worry about the material aspects of life. There are times when I feel I've burned myself out, at these time I have to back off and look at what I'm doing. When I take I close look at my thought then I realize I've been worrying about something I can't do anything about or that I'm not doing something I know I should be doing. Once I figure out the problem, I can then take action to solve it and stop burning myself out.



© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/895559-Tuesday-on-Meanings-and-Candles