*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/895727-Ghostbusters
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#895727 added October 27, 2016 at 12:46pm
Restrictions: None
Ghostbusters
"Invalid Item
*Right*Short Story Day! Below is one of my favorite movie theme songs ever. And it's appropriate that the remake of this movie came out this past summer. Your mission is to write a piece of fanfic about the Ghostbusters. Play the song below for some inspiration as you write! Make sure you put fan fiction as one of your genres and as a disclaimer in your story. The story can be based off the original or the remake, whichever you are most familiar with.

Fanfiction on the movie Ghostbusters (1984).

“The Librarian is alone in a back room sorting books for reshelving. Behind her is the card catalogue. One of the books attracts her interest and she starts leafing through it.

Another eerie note is heard as one of the drawers silently slides open behind the Librarian and hundreds of index cards start popping out. The Librarian continues reading completely oblivious to this strange phenomenon.

She gets up and moves past another row of cabinets. Two more drawers quietly slide open, and thousands of file cards start shooting out of the open drawers just behind her, but the Librarian still doesn't notice.”

(Ghostbusters by Harold Ramis and Dan Aykroyd. Final Shooting Script. October 7, 1983, p.1)


A table is moving from the center of the room to the side. The table legs do the quick step:

Quarter turn to right, Natural turn, Natural turn with hesitation, Natural pivot turn, Natural spin turn, Progressive chassé, Chassé reverse turn, Forward lock, Heel pivot (quarter turn to left).

The Librarian looks up, adjusts her glasses and looks again. She can’t believe what she’d just seen.

Two more drawers open up and cards are flying everywhere in the air, circling around the Librarian who is now frightened to death. The cards fly through the open window. The window shuts after them. Everything is silent for a minute.

With a bang the bookshelves pop out hundreds of books. The covers open up and the stories come alive with witches, goblins, princes and princesses all marching from the pages into the passageway between the cupboards. It’s getting crowded.

The ghostly figures are all chatting. Then one wizard starts to sing and all the other apparitions join in.

“If there’s something strange, in your neighborhood, who are you gonna call. Ghostbusters!

The Librarian sneaks to the side of the room and takes out her cell. “911? I want Peter Venkman, Raymond Stantz, and Egon Spengler to come here right away. I’ve got a really nasty case of ectoplasm in the library. I don’t know what to do”

Just behind the Librarian, the ghost of Shakespeare is hovering over her.

She drops the phone and starts running.

If there’s something weird and it don’t look good. Who are you gonna call? Ghostbusters!”

When she arrives at the door it opens and she jumps into the hallway. The door closes again.

The ghosts take over the library.

When the ghost-o-mobile arrives with the three scientists they find a hysterical Librarian running towards them.

The tree men go inside with their gear and sizzle the ghosts into their machine.
Outside everybody is applauding and singing:

“If there’s something strange, in your neighborhood, who are you gonna call. Ghostbusters! If there’s something weird and it don’t look good. Who are you gonna call. Ghostbusters!”



© Copyright 2016 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/895727-Ghostbusters