*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/895702-Smoking-and-writing
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#895702 added October 27, 2016 at 8:18am
Restrictions: None
Smoking and writing
** Image ID #2099018 Unavailable **

*Right*Take this sentence and use it in a story, poem or rant: "To this dark place I've come, and come again."(BCoFs)

There is only one dark place in my life right now and that is my addiction to smoking. That’s the only negative I can think of and it is a severe and pertinacious one. I am a smoker since I was seventeen years old and only have been off the cigarettes for one weekend during a field trip to jail in my early teens. No, I haven’t been incarcerated *Bigsmile* but I was in a group that played volleyball with inmates as part of a social program. At the time I gave up the smoking for one weekend. Have been smoking ever since. *Blush* I am not particularly proud of the fact but at this point in my life I am not able or want to stop. It’s a mind thing, not a physical addiction. I can get over the nicotine I believe. It’s the ritual of rolling my own cigarettes, of being busy with my hands. It’s about that silly (and untrue) notion it relaxes me and it enables me to live a fairly stressless life. I use the time to smoke behind the computer as time to think, to contemplate about my writing. All the excuses made by an addict, I am aware of this. To this dark place I've come, and come again. I just cannot help myself!



*Right*Prompt: How will you spend Halloween weekend and Halloween? Any special plans?(BC)

No special plans since I am not celebrating Halloween other than on WdC. I have the weekend off since my computer job finished today and I can be a full-time writer from this day forward. Yippee. I am happy to devote all my time to writing now. I canceled my new plans to be a librarian for a couple of hours a week since it was not for me. The old job is gone and my new life as a writer will begin. This Halloween weekend is my fifth month into the adventure of writing in the English/American language and it’s been great so far. I’ve blossomed. So I continue this path, looking forward to what it will bring me. Lots to learn, to write, to review and have fun!

And hey, I have put my real face in my port. Thought it was appropriate after five months of being anonymous. *BigSmile*



Day NINETY SIX "Give It 100!
 
 
96% complete


© Copyright 2016 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/895702-Smoking-and-writing