*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/895932
Rated: E · Book · Romance/Love · #2098114
This follows the October Nano Prep Challenge... for part 2 of Fractured Dreams - Moving On
#895932 added October 31, 2016 at 11:42am
Restrictions: None
Day 24 - Market Definition & Narrative Voice Synopsis
Monday, Oct. 24
Required: Market Definition â–¼
Describe your target audience. Identify a demographic profile including gender, race, age, disabilities, mobility, home ownership, employment status, education, income level, marital status, location and other commonly evaluated data. Explain in detail what aspects of your novel will appeal to this particular audience and why. Please read this blog post to understand the importance of marketing, and why targeting "mass appeal" or "all readers" isn't good enough: "Building Your Brand"

I believe my novel would target the audience:
Of women
probably over the age of 35 but younger than 55
White Anglosaxon in developed countries that have a white majority in their population
Who are dealing with their own divorces
They are employed and university educated
They may or may not be home owners - depending on what they got in their divorce
They may be childless or have children from their marriage
I think it will appeal to this audience because they want to know someone survived a marital separation and went on to find love and happiness.
As for my brand - I want to bring a sense of hope to my readers. I want them to know that when bad things happen all is not lost. Lives can be rebuilt and become stronger if you listen to and follow your TRUTH. Authentic lives can be revealed by following your heart and following your dreams. We may get side-tracked as we make our way through the world, but it is possible to make a course correction and find your way back to who you were meant to be.


Bonus: Query Letter OR Narrative Voice Synopsis â–¼
Query Letter: Draft your query letter . Here's another article about queries.
Narrative Voice Synopsis: Write a synopsis of your novel using the same narrative voice you will use to tell the story.

This is part two of a novel I began last Nanowrimo. It is told in third person point of view and I am planning on taking a subplot into Carson's life now that he no longer has Taygen and has to deal with a pregnant girlfriend he never intended to see past September. I am considering whether or not to add in chapters from Alex's point of view - I would like to get in his head as well - how he sees Taygen and admires and desires her.
We move into the story to find Taygen finding out about the pregnancy and confronting Carson about his infidelity. She tells him shortly afterward that she will be moving out on the weekend. He does not believe her, thinking she is not really going to move out - she needs him. She can't afford to be self sufficient without him.... what he does not realize is that she is working a lot of hours and does have an LTO lined up for the fall - it is part time but that is steady work at a time when steady work is slow. She also has steady part time work at a bookshop/ cafe she loves and her special services at home client, Kent. He also does not realize that she has found a place to live - one that she can afford and one that gives her a social network that will help her build her confidence back up.
Taygen's life begins to improve and to heal. She gains her confidence and takes a few more career risks she may not have done when she was with Carson. With each new accomplishment and step forward, she feels able to make it. She is still a little gun shy of romance and keeps Alex, her roommate, on a friendship level... but the attraction is there and it is strong. They spend a great deal of time together - more than she realizes sometimes. His friendship means so much to her... and she is afraid to loose it. Slowly they work things out.
Carson on the other hand, brings to see his life crumbling around him. He loses so much with Taygen leaving... there is a component of not having appreciated what she did or what she was like. Cheryl is a bitch from hell. She is angered by him wanting a paternity test. She threatens to tell his family about their relationship and the baby. He does not want this child raised by her alone, so he bites the bullet and accepts the relationship. The summer was fun and light hearted, now as the responsibility hangs over him it is like a death knell - he keeps quiet about it.
Cheryl moves in, but only after he has completed the renovations that have been in the works for a least three years - Taygen put up with his s***; Cheryl will not. He needs to decide what to do to protect himself - sell his audio equipment? There is at least $20,000 worth of stuff down there; what about his fancy car? It is not a family car and Cheryl does not care about his need to keep things 'anally' tidy and scratch free. Taygen was careful, but ocassionally clumsy - Cheryl just does not give a damn.
What about his workout equipment? She wants a baby's room and the spare room. Where will all his stuff go? How will he fit her into his well crafted world, a world Taygen did not impinge on.
Cheryl has no qualms about yells and swearing in front of their child. She is not mother material - the baby was a means to an end - to get Carson. Now that she has him, she is not happy.
After the baby is born, she returns to work for the three months it takes to get paid in full, then she quits - without really checking with Carson first - she feels she can be a stay at home mom - Carson is back where he was supporting all of them - the difference, Taygen did bring in an income.... and also kept a better house. Cheryl claims the kid runs her ragged.... and she wants a second one to make things better again. She's also pissy that Carson is not so interested in sex with her.
With a kid, he won't leave.

http://www.agentquery.com/writer_hq.aspx
http://www.writersdigest.com/editor-blogs/guide-to-literary-agents/successful-qu...
BOOK
La Bene Vita  (18+)
The Good Life.
#1411600 by Brandiwyn🎶


Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

** Image ID #1855238 Unavailable ** My owl signature from Gemini Gem. Winter trail scene
© Copyright 2016 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/895932