*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/895934
Rated: E · Book · Romance/Love · #2098114
This follows the October Nano Prep Challenge... for part 2 of Fractured Dreams - Moving On
#895934 added October 31, 2016 at 1:52pm
Restrictions: None
Day 26 - Brainstorming - Freestyle & Extended
Wednesday, Oct. 26
Required: Freestyle Brainstorm â–¼
Spend at least fifteen minutes writing whatever ideas come to you about your plot, characters and setting.

Bonus: Extended Brainstorm â–¼
Add at least fifteen additional minutes to your freestyle brainstorming time.

I am still worried about where to start my story. Essentially, in medias res - which would be either the finding out phone call or the confronting Carson phone call.
their marriage is one of phases - periods of parent child - which Carson being the know it all; its his way of the highway - Taygen has depressed her own 'ways' to conform to his wishes, but bits of passive aggressive aspects come out - in that she does not jump to do things for him until the last minute. And this drives him nuts as he feels she should be cleaning a little each day; and grocery shopping in the mornings when the best stuff is available and out. She has held to her dreams but in the bits and pieces of her life. She has given up a women writer's group in the past because he chose that night to tear into her about what she had neglected to do... it became a habit and she found her good mood and energy levels were killed out every time she would go.
When she starts NaNoWriMo she only goes to events that are running when he is working - that way he is unaware of her going or in how much time she spends out with the other writers. He does not support her writing dreams - he thinks they should be profitable like his - working on cars and fixing computers.
He is not completely awful - he does do many things for her because he loves her - namely fix and care for her car and her computer issues. But he also believes that because she works less she should be doing more of the house stuff... and doing it far better than she does.
She is tired of his anal ways, she is getting frustrated that it is hard to get a teaching position with this board - it takes time. He wants her to get permanent full time so that he can get out of Toyota and do something he would love. Benefits and an unwillingness to give up a decent pay hold him there. Cheryl nails his coffin closed when she quits and leaves him the main breadwinner.
Getting out on her own, Taygen follows her bliss - she has a teaching job (half time), a part time job in a bookshop, a special services at home client and her writing to keep her busy. All the paying jobs added together gives her full time hours, but no benefits. She finds friends that support her and her dreams - Terri is also a closet novelist and she tries NaNoWriMo with Taygen that year. Her housemates are also teachers and they help her and guide her into landing the half time teaching position she wants - where she is able to teach language, art and computers to grade 3 and 4 students at Suddaby Public School with Cassie____.
Her friendship with Alex develops. He is not the usual kind of guy she has been attracted to in the past. he is athletic, but unlike Carson he is outgoing and laidback... and he also has interests in books and reading. His parents are creative - his mother is a writer - she is a retired school teacher; his father is a painter - and has retired from business. A job in Waterloo brought him and his family to the area, but now that the kids are grown and they have retired they have moved back to Huntsville - where Alex and his brother and sister were born. So he understands her need to create.



Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

** Image ID #1855238 Unavailable ** My owl signature from Gemini Gem. Winter trail scene
© Copyright 2016 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/895934