*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/895935
Rated: E · Book · Romance/Love · #2098114
This follows the October Nano Prep Challenge... for part 2 of Fractured Dreams - Moving On
#895935 added October 30, 2016 at 8:53pm
Restrictions: None
Day 27 - Outline Revision #4 & Literary Devises
Thursday, Oct. 27
Required: Outline Revision #4 ā–¼
The fourth draft of your outline.
Using traditional outline format (Traditional Outline ): flesh out the logistics of how your protagonist gets from the beginning of the story to the climax of the story. Add more timeline details and consider plotting out scenes by chapter.
The Snowflake Method : Using your synopsis, list the scenes needed to create your novel. Each scene should include the POV character and the action.

See Part #4 above - Day 20

Thursday, Oct. 20 - So far:
Required: Outline Revision #3 ā–¼
The third draft of your outline.

Bonus: Chronological Timeline ā–¼
Taygen packs up and leaves - she gets help from Thomas and some of his buddies and Myra. Myra tells her not to tidy up.
Carson goes that weekend to 'deal' with Cheryl (subplot) - he does not realize Taygen is gone until the morning (she had been sleeping in the spare room all week). Then he is pissed about the mess.
Taygen returns to help him clean up - he is being an asshole and she threatens to leave - this gets him to step up and play nice.
She leaves with the realtor - to avoid any discussion or bullying from Carson
Over the week - she gets a lawyer and gets ready for school
She works with Terri on Friday who invites her up after her shift on Saturday. She decides to go... and have some beach time.
Alex is at the same beach that weekend with friends - he meets her in the morning and brings his buddies down to hang with the girls later - in the evening they all meet up at a bar.
School begins and Taygen's first week focus is on school
On Sunday, they all go to the Eden Mills Writer's Festival
They all go to Word on the Street in the park - Taygen is intrigued by the fact that Alex is into this kind of thing. - "Are you sure you're not a woman?" Alex laughs and assures her he is not.

Part #2
October sets up routines for Taygen and her housemates - Sundays are for cooking together and planning - this starts after Thanksgiving.

Thoughts - does Taygen go with Carson to his family's place on Sunday - he has not told them that Taygen has left.... or is this the first event apart??

Thanksgiving - everyone has places to go - Taygen goes for the day to her Aunt and Uncle's place in Guelph, Alex goes to his family's gathering in Bracebridge where his grandmother lives (his parents are cooking, but they are coming down to Bracebridge to make it easier for the Grandmother). Myra and Thomas are going to her family on Sunday and his on Monday.... hers is in London, his is in Woodstock. Taygen will be in the house alone from Sunday morning until Monday evening - she plans and gets her creative writing club organized - it is starting on Wednesday that week.
I want a scene with the creative writing club - this is Taygen's contribution to the school and the success of this club improves the grades and morale of student's who love to write but are a little weak - this gives them a way to access their love of writing in a way that builds their confidence and has them taking greater risks in their writing in the classroom. Also a way to see how she interacts with these students
Taygen is also prepping for Nanowrimo - she attends a few events at the library - a planning session and a kick off event.
Alex attends the Kickoff / Halloween party with Taygen instead of going with Myra and Thomas to an event in Toronto.
He also goes to a few events with her over November - taking his school stuff to plan while she writes.
Alex goes to half way party and Thank God its over party as well.
December - Christmas - Alex goes to his family's place in Huntsville - he picks up his Grandmother and takes her up.

Part #3 - did I do a section on the subplot with Carson and Cheryl?

Part #3
I need to work in a subplot with Carson and Cheryl
-An argument about the pregnancy is the weekend Taygen moves out.
-when he finds out the baby is his - he needs to consider his options - who he tells and when
-Cheryl makes it very clear she will not be giving up her baby for Carson and Taygen to raise - she is prepared to tell his family if he does not comply - not wanting to look bad to his family, he accepts her ideas.
-he has her over to see the place - he does not show her the basement as he is not sure he should keep his audio equipment or his car... he does not see Cheryl as considerate as Taygen, who he initially thought was bad, but Cheryl is really unconcerned.
-if he sells the stuff does he give the money to Taygen or does he invest it and put the money in his sister's name to keep Cheryl from having access.
-Cheryl is adamant about him finishing the main floor renovations before she moves in - she rents out her house and keeps that money for herself. - what's Carson's is ours what's mine is mine.
-he works a lot to be away from Cheryl and realizes that Taygen was a god send in comparison.
-when the baby is born - Patty realizes it is full term and that her brother was unfaithful to Taygen - she was under the assumption that Taygen just gave up on their marriage and Cheryl came along afterward - she is furious with him.
Does Carson try to get Taygen to come to Thanksgiving with him.... or does he just claim she is sick?


Complications that your protagonist could encounter throughout the story. Remember: the more hardships your main character faces, the more readers will cheer them on!
Carson has gotten his 'girlfriend' pregnant - Cheryl got herself pregnant on purpose to trap Carson into leaving his wife and being with her... she manipulates him. There is no way she will give up this kid if he intends to take it from her... she will have an abortion first. To save his child - once the paternity test confirms it's his - he goes along with Cheryl, but he still talks to Taygen in the hopes of finding another way.
This baby of Carson's - does he try to get Taygen to help him raise it? I know he does not see Cheryl as the mother-type and Taygen loves children... the thing is, she did not want to have children with Carson - she could see his anal tendencies and worried that any of their children with sensitive natures would be harmed by his strictness and unbendingness.
The sexual tension and attraction between Taygen and Alex is there, but Taygen resists it and Alex holds back so as not to frighten her off - Myra tells him to take things slowly - she believes Taygen needs them - friendship is more important than a quick lay... and if he is serious, and she knows he is, he will develop his friendship with her and not rush the more physical aspects of their life.


Part #4
December
-everyone has plans, Taygen may be alone with the animals for a bit, but eventually everyone comes home - for new years.
Myra and Thomas host a party? Gwyn and Terri are invited, but Gwyn may not make it because he husband is an idiot and not inclined to go to events that take him away from his group of friends. Gwyn may have a sledding party on New Years Day and invite Taygen and her friends (Alex, Myra and Thomas) - this will give Gwyn a chance to talk to Alex and see if he is a good guy... or I can do this in December and have Alex go with her to Gwyns birthday party that her husband arranges last minute.... or at least does not invite Taygen until the last minute in the hopes she can't make it. Alex see the strong friendship these two have and also sees the crap husband Gwyn has.
I could have both parties happen??
It is at Myra and Thomas's party that Alex kisses her at midnight and then the what happens next - where is Taygen in her getting over Carson? I think she is still resistant to start something new... or blow the friendship she has with Alex - they may just push it off as a New Years Kiss - but one they both return to in their memories.
Does anything happen at Valentines - or do they just hang out - sans kiss.
I am thinking March or April for the change to more than friends - but how does that play out?
Carson's baby boy is born early May - his sister, Patty, realizes that it is full term and calls him on it - angry that she thought so poorly of Taygen she apologizes in an email.
Does she run into Patty and her husband at the market? Just after finding out she has a part time contract position at Suddaby. Alex may be with her then - Myra too?
She also runs into or sees Carson and Cheryl fighting at the park with the baby. So glad that is not her and also gains some satisfaction from seeing him unhappy.
How does it end?


Bonus: Literary Devices ā–¼
Select three literary devices from the list provided and work them into your outline.
OPTIONS:
Foreshadowing: Hints of something to come.
Symbolism: Small facts, objects, or characterizations represent something bigger.
Poetic Justice: Good guys are rewarded and bad guys are punished - definitely!
Reveal: A hidden connection between characters or facts is revealed in time - not sure about this one
Plot Device: Advances the plot forward, often pushing the main character past a hurdle
- the pregnancy pushes Taygen to leave the marriage.
Narrative Hook: Story opening that grabs the reader's attention.
Cliffhanger: Ending a scene, chapter or story in the middle of action, hooking the reader - the kiss.


Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

** Image ID #1855238 Unavailable ** My owl signature from Gemini Gem. Winter trail scene
© Copyright 2016 šŸ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
šŸ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/895935