*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/895936
Rated: E · Book · Romance/Love · #2098114
This follows the October Nano Prep Challenge... for part 2 of Fractured Dreams - Moving On
#895936 added October 31, 2016 at 12:19pm
Restrictions: None
Day 28 - Setting Description & Image Search
Friday, Oct. 28
Required: Setting Description #1 â–¼
Describe a setting in words. Use all five senses and make your reader experience the setting as if he or she were there. Add the setting to your setting database (if applicable.)

Coming back to her old nieghbourhood left Taygen with a rolling stomach and a tightness of tension that banded across her upper body making it difficult to pull in full breaths. This had been an area she loved. She'd walked these streets and knew these houses, she'd felt she belonged her, but now, all that was ashes. She hated having to go to the house, no longer their house... well, it was until he paid her her settlement. That thought nearly stole her breath, and she blinked back angry tears. She hated this whole situation. Carson had even had the gall to suggest she move back and help him raise this child.... this child from another woman. Was he seriously delusional? There was no way she would be doing that.
She pulled into the driveway and sat, pulling in gulps of air into her lungs. She forced the air back out in bursts hoping the release some of the anger, the rage that threatened to engulf her. She needed to be calm around Carson. She needed her peace of mind.
She took a moment to focus on the crisp, freshly cut lawn and trimmed hedges. She noted the wet asphalt and new his SUV was freshly washed this morning. The blue and green recycling bins were cleared from the front step leaving it bare except for the new mat he had placed. A pagne of being passed over washed over her. He was moving on, setting up a new home within their old one and it hurt. Bone deep, it hurt.
Others had said not to go alone, but she did not want to impose on anyone... and she did not want any of her friends saying anything to piss him off. She just wanted what was hers - half the house - and then she would slip away. Leave him to his new girlfriend and the family they were making. That sickened her as well, though she did not feel any pagnes of longing. She did not want children; certainly not children with Carson. His intolerance and analness was not the kind of parenting style she wanted to emulate. she had always feared she would be protecting her kids, not raising them... that was not what she wanted for any child. The world was already too harsh, the least a child could have was loving parents - not over indulgent parents, but good, loving parents committed to raising good members of society. She'd often worried that if they had children and if the child was anything like her, Carson would crush its spirit. Sensitive creative types were not something he understood... she knew that only too well.
She took another calming breath and slowly got out of the car. The neighbour kids were out playing on the street and and she manged a smile as she gave them a little wave. They waved back as they raced down between the houses... all seven of them. She gifted herself an inward smile, knowing Carson would be frustrated by their joviality and play. She knew it would sound like elephants charging past inside the house.
She took the steps and ran the doorbell, turning to wait she looked back at the street. Green clung, as if refusing to acknowledge September's arrival. Everything was still lush. The rains of the last few days had enlivened the August dryness.
The door opened behind her and Carson pushed the screen door out to her. She took it, meeting his smile, she painted on a smile too and followed him inside. Inside where things now seemed foreign. Had she really lived here? Had they really built this house together? It seemed oddly empty, even though he had already replaced the dining room table and the lamps in the living room. They were not her choice. Too cool, too masculine.. She shrugged off the malaise and focused on the tidy kitchen counter. It was cleared of all appliances and only a few dishes sat drying in the rack in the sink. No doubt he was not using the dishwasher.


Bonus: Setting Drawing OR Settings Image Search â–¼
Drawing: Get out your pencil (or Excel or Visio or Autocad if you're the nerdy type) and draw a physical sketch of your setting. This can be a map of a town, woods or valley, a layout of a room with furniture and walls, a floor plan of the castle, or any other physical setting. It doesn't matter if your art skills are lacking. Just get a feel for where obstacles and objects are in relation to one another.
Settings Image Search: Use Google Image Search (or comparable) to find images of your setting, as well as any other settings in your list. Add links to your settings database (if applicable.)

I looked up houses on a website to see floor plans. There were 2 I really liked - farmhouse style homes.
Plan 124-852 and one other. I posted them to my Facebook account.
Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

** Image ID #1855238 Unavailable ** My owl signature from Gemini Gem. Winter trail scene
© Copyright 2016 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/895936