*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/896103
Rated: E · Book · Romance/Love · #2098114
This follows the October Nano Prep Challenge... for part 2 of Fractured Dreams - Moving On
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#896103 added October 31, 2016 at 2:14pm
Restrictions: None
Day 31 - Idea / Premise Revision & Workplace Preparation
Monday, Oct. 31
Required: Idea/Premise Revision โ–ผ

Now that you have spent a month planning your novel, revise your initial premise. Identify the following:
(1) Protagonist(s). Who is(are) your main character(s)?
(2) Goal(s). What do they want?
(3) Conflict. What is keeping them from their goal?
(4) Antagonist(s). Who(what) is creating the conflict?
(5) Theme: What is the theme or moral of the story? (If applicable.)

I am still going to do the second part to the story I began last year.... Fractured Dreams. This part is Moving On or Putting the Pieces Back Together.
In essence my main character must take the brokenness of her life and put it back together, making herself whole again.... and become stronger for the experience.
Protagonist:
Taygen (Campbell) Keller โ€“ has just left her unfaithful husband. In his infidelity, he has managed to get the girl pregnant โ€“ she connived the situation so that he would have to choose her over his wife. Taygen drops his name and keeps her original name - grateful that her teaching name has stayed as Campbell.

Alex Donovan โ€“ one of Taygenโ€™s roommates who is attracted to her, but develops a friendship with her while she heals from her marital split. The attraction is strong, but the friendship is stronger and the relationship thrives because of it.

Flaw:
Taygen has given herself over to her marriage and everything Carson wanted... her writing dreams were dwindling and it was suffocating her. She must develop a backbone in dealing with him.... and she does.

Goals:
Taygen wants to rediscover herself โ€“ Nano is at least her second year... if it bothered her ex that she was starting to find her own way while married and that bothered him.
She also is timid about finding love again, though she is seriously attracted to Alex.

Conflict:
Taygen and Carson must finalize their breakup.
Carson is upset that she has reverted to her original name - though he was always upset that she kept her original name for teacher's college and teaching.
Carson may try to get Taygen to take him back and raise the child โ€“ trying to get full custody of the baby... this may bring up the issues of Taygen not feeling comfortable raising children with him. And trust issues โ€“ whoโ€™s to say he doesnโ€™t do this again and sheโ€™s raising his kid.
Taygen and Alex must forge a new relationship โ€“ she is โ€˜gunshyโ€™ and he is patient.

Antagonists:
Carson Keller โ€“ the unfaithful ex-husband โ€“ who may want to get Taygen to reconsider and stay with him to raise his child โ€“ she refuses of course. He will have to marry the other woman โ€“ who is a real bitch.
Carson's anal, intolerant ways took their toll on Taygen - she often sacrificed herself to keep him happy - doing it his way to avoid conflict. She did not always see his way as the only way and he refused to budge.

The other woman (Cheryl)โ€“ calls to tell Taygen that Carson has been unfaithful and may have gotten the girl pregnant.


Theme:
Standing strong โ€“ being a woman of substance - Able to be and do what she likes and still find love... with the right partner.


Bonus: Workspace Preparation AND/OR Procrastination List โ–ผ

Workspace Prep: Plan out where you will work, what computer you will use, and what supplies you will need. Create a music playlist, if applicable.

I love to write in cafes, but this year many of the Nano events are at the library - that will make things a little cheaper - and that is certainly a good thing.
I intend to go to as many of the events as possible - I will adjust my schedule as nessessary - though I will take all supply work, I may cancel a few evenings with Kyle to have more hours later in the season.
I will also write in the basement at Mom's place - I have the table downstairs devoted to my work.
I will use my laptop when at home - maybe at the overnighters as well, but generally my Surface will be used if I am writing out and about.
I will then have to copy and paste into Scrivener as needed.
As for playlists - I generally don't have one but I do have a few songs set for inspiration.

Procrastination List: Write a list of all the things you tend to do to procrastinate and establish a writing schedule for the month of November.
I do my 750 words each day - this is where I get my word count up for each day.
I will be turning off Facebook and Twitter - although both may be okay for writing sprints so we will see - maybe Ninja Writers will be allowed.
I will not be blogging over November - so my time on WDC will be limited as well - to logging in my word counts and checking how well our group is doing.
The Nano site will also be up... I will try to cut back on the number of windows open - I don't need 5 windows of WDC open like I do today.



Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

** Image ID #1855238 Unavailable ** My owl signature from Gemini Gem. Winter trail scene
© Copyright 2016 ๐Ÿ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
๐Ÿ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/896103