*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/896672-Pro-or-con-legalized-medical-use-of-marijuana
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#896672 added November 6, 2016 at 9:25am
Restrictions: None
Pro or con legalized medical use of marijuana?
*Right*THE SUNDAY NEWS! This Sunday, your challenge is to pick a (good) news story and start a conversation about it. What are your thoughts on the subject? Do you feel that others will agree? If so, why? If not, why not?(30-Day BC and BC)

https://www.boston.com/news/local-news/2016/10/17/what-will-change-if-massachuse...

Last month’s news item is about pros and cons of legalizing marijuana for medical purposes. Since I am from the Netherlands we have legalized the use of marijuana for own purposes (but NOT to grow and harvest in big quantities, that’s still illegal) and are experimenting with the distribution of marijuana by the state for medical purposes. I agree with both since I think it will be better to legalize and keep the whole business out of the criminal circuit.

Pro or con legalized medical use of marijuana? 25 of 50 US states and DC have legalized it.

Pro: it can be a safe and effective treatment for the symptoms of cancer, AIDS, multiple sclerosis, pain, glaucoma, epilepsy, and other conditions. Dozens of peer-reviewed studies, prominent medical organizations, and major government reports are in favor, and the use of marijuana as medicine throughout world history is known.

Con: it is too dangerous to use, lacks FDA-approval, and various legal drugs make marijuana use unnecessary. Marijuana is addictive, leads to harder drug use, interferes with fertility, impairs driving ability, and injures the lungs, immune system, and brain. Medical marijuana is a front for drug legalization and recreational use.



Petra & Arie


© Copyright 2016 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/896672-Pro-or-con-legalized-medical-use-of-marijuana