*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897099-YouTube-Leonard-Cohen-and-Veterans-Day
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#897099 added November 11, 2016 at 3:28am
Restrictions: None
YouTube, Leonard Cohen and Veteran's Day
*Right*Fun Fact Friday! On this day in 1952, the first video recorder was demonstrated by John Mullin and Wayne Johnson in Beverly Hills, California. How would you explain YouTube to these gentlemen?(30-Day BC)

YouTube is a video sharing service where users can watch, like, share and comment and upload their own videos. The video service can be accessed on PCs, laptops, tablets and via mobile phones.



*Right*November 10th we lost one of my favorite artists, Leonard Cohen. If you are familiar with his work share with us what you enjoyed. Have you read his poetry or his books? If you are not familiar discuss an artist that has passed that you loved.(BC)

I just read the news on this newsfeed and was shocked: another one! I loved the music and especially the very idiosyncratic voice of Leonard Cohen. I have some CDs of him I am going to listen to today. I never read his poetry, apart from the song lyrics, but I am not surprised because he was a great singer-songwriter. A lot of people called his songs “suicide bombs” because his voice was so emotional and very distinct. He died at age 82.



*Right*Let's remember our Veterans, our loved ones with a blog entry on this special remembrance day... Share something special they have done that has influenced you. If you are a Veteran, Thank you for your service!(BCoFs)

It’s not common in my country to remember let alone thank our veterans, although we have a Veterans Day as well. As a small country in Europe always looking outwards we are not very patriotic. For the USA that’s different. My nephew is an active military in the USA service his whole life.

I have to thank the Americans still for liberating Europe back in 1945. This new President-elect will have a less influential role in foreign politics I believe and that is a whole new ball game since the USA was always leading in the world. We have to wait how that will progress.



Petra & Arie


© Copyright 2016 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/897099-YouTube-Leonard-Cohen-and-Veterans-Day